Tuesday, February 17, 2015

TTT [10]

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join! This week Top Ten is...
Top 10 11 Book Related Problems I Have

#10
Translations - If you aren't from a country that has two or more offial languages, you cannot see the struggle. My two languages are English (duh) and Spanish (blah). So, the struggle is to see how bad translations are from English to Spanish, is so not good that I deny to read anything in Spanish unless it was written in that language. Believe me if you are trying to learn Spanish, do NOT by any circunstances read a book translated from English to Spanish (you will be lost the whole way).

#09
Book-To-Movie Adaptations - This is a topic that anyone can talk a lot about it, but to keep it single I will say just this... I have a love-hate relantionship with them. Some are very good, others not so much and some are just terrible. For me, is always good to watch them. I talk full-length about it in this post.

#08
Giving Up - In other words, DNF a book. I don't like to this much, but I have done it in some ocassions (seven to be exact). I always like to finish a book, even if I don't like it. I tent to what to know how it ends and if I didn't like it, then I rate it one or two stars, simple. Giving up is just something I don't like. See this post.

#07
Book Comparisons - Oh, I hate them so much. I hate even much when I do them. It's kind of hard not to in some cases, but I still hate myself to do it. I really don't like the phrases saying that some book is just like The Hunger Games or even something like its a combination between Rainbow Rowell with John Green. I hate them! See this post.

#06
Paperback or Hardcover? - Please, please, don't make me chose. I will always chose hardcover, no matter what. But they are awfully expensive and sometimes the paperback is better. When I'm reading a hardcover, I take off the dust jacket so I don't ruin it. The downside is that no one knows what really I'm reading. The upside of paperback is that I can show off the book, but the downside is that if I bend it too much it ruins the spin or the pages will not close good enough as new. *sighs*

#05
Release Dates - I HATE TO WAIT! Do I need to say more?

#04
Libraries - In my country there isn't much libraries. That I know of, there's only two and like an hour away from where I live. The prices are awfully expensive, there are no BN and they do not have too many good books as I would love. PLUS most of the books are in Spanish, damn. That's why I buy my books online.

#03
Cliffhangers - I HATE THEM! Do you not? I mean, its good thing to have them as an author, because that guarantees that you will read the next book. But when the next book is going to be out a year after you read the book... I DONT LIKE TO WAIT (see number five). Not going to say more.

#02
Endings - I'm talking about the end end. The one that exists after the whole series is done. The epilogue.... That end. Some times I just want more. Meaning that some times (most of the time), I really want another chapter telling me how good everything goes and how happy they (characters) are. Like, who wouldn't want how Eleanor & Park end, right?

#01
Cover Changes - This is the biggest problem I have. Seriously authors, don't change your covers in the middle of the series. Because I already have some of them and the new ones will not match. For example; the Across the Universe covers are gorgeous, or at least the first two, the third was the let down. Why change the covers when you really like the first ones?

PLUS ONE
Mass-Paperback Books - I really hate that they actually exist. I don't really know why they do, but I have two of them and I kind of hate them. They have the right cover, but they aren't the same height as the other paperbacks. Why, oh, why?

What are your problems? Do you have some of mine too?

10 comments:

  1. Cover changes, absolutely! It boggles my mind that they do this. I don't think it's the authors choice. It might be the publishers or whatever. But still, why?! Great list! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier! I can see how stuff would get lost in translation. That sucks. I don't DNF often, but the few times I have usually feel like a relief, so I know I'm doing the right thing. YES on release dates! Just give us all the books immediately! :)

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I really dislike is when the cover of a book is taken from a film adaptation. It grates on my nerves so much! Great list! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Authors definitely aren't the ones who change their covers. A lot of the time they have little to no say in what the cover even looks like, let alone if it's changed. Publishers do it when a series gets more popular or when they release a paperback version, etc. But I agree that it is really annoying because I hate when my covers don't match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be the publisher's choice and still bug me out of my mind. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I would love to have all the books that are coming soon. I hate to wait a lot. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some movie tie-in are good, but others... dear God, they should be banned. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If authors aren't the one picking they totally should have a word in the decision. It totally bugs me out of my mind when they dont match at all. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cristian @TheBookishGodFebruary 19, 2015 at 6:06 PM

    I feel related to literally feel related to all of these! Cover changes and release dates are THE WORSE!


    My TTT: http://thebookishgod.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. YESSS! We, as bookworms, have problems too and they are so annoying, glad that you agree with mine and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!