Sunday, February 15, 2015

[R] Top Ten Clues You're Clueless, by: Liz Czukas

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless
by: Liz Czukas

★★★★☆

Top Five Things That Are Ruining Chloe’s Day

5) Working the 6:30 a.m. shift at GoodFoods Market

4) Crashing a cart into a customer’s car right in front of her snarky coworker Sammi

3) Trying to rock the “drowned rat” look after being caught in a snowstorm

2) Making zero progress with her crush, Tyson (see #3)

1) Being accused—along with her fellow teenage employees—of stealing upwards of $10,000

Chloe would rather be anywhere than locked in work jail (aka the break room) with five of her coworkers . . . even if one of them is Tyson. But if they can band together to clear their names, what looks like a total disaster might just make Chloe’s list of Top Ten Best Moments.


my thoughts
Yes, I did read this book in a couple of hours. Yes, it was good. Yes, made me laugh a lot. Yes, I would love more of it. Overall, it was a good book that I enjoy and made me laugh at loud.
TOP TEN WORST MOM PHRASES
10. "Young Lady..."
9. Anything that includes your middle name
8. "I thought you were dead! Or worse!"
7. "I worry about you!"
6. "You know, when I was your age..."
5. "You're not going out like that, are you?"
4. "Look me in the eyes and tell me that again."
3. "If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?"
2. "I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed."
1. "Do what you think is right. I'm sure you will do the right choice."
Our main character Chloe loves to makes list and basically the whole book is full of lists. Most of them are funny, others are just true story, bro. The book is set in a supermarket on Christmas Eve, which can be crazy full of people and weird things happening. What really weird is that Chloe and her young co-workers are being detained inside their jobs because someone of them stole 10,000 dollars. Someone must confess or they will be arrested for real. As the hours pass secrets of these six young people reveal. Friendship forms and even love... but who is the thief?
TOP TEN MOST ANNOYING THINGS PEOPLE SAY WHEN THEY FIND OUT I HAVE DIABETES
10. "Wow, you don't look like you have diabetes!"
9. "I bet you miss sugar."
8. "I thought only old people got diabetes."
7. "Oh my God, I couldn't poke myself! I hate needles!"
6. "How do you get rid of it?"
5. "If your foot going to fall off?"
4. "Aww, it must be because you're so sweet!"
3. "Does it bother you when people eat cake in front of you?"
2. "Is it the bad kind?"
1. "But diet soda's so bad for you!"
I laugh with all the characters and that no matter how much they differ in things, they look out for each other. They did not knew each other too well, but when they did you can actually see how good they would fit as a group. I loved the couples and my favorite character is between Sammi and Gabe, those two have to fight for the number one spot because they are the shit.
TRUTHS ABOUT PEOPLE AND COPS
1. Even downright nasty people can suddenly become slavering does when there is an officer of the law present.
2. You can suddenly remember every detail of driver's ed when you see a squad car in your rearview mirror.
3. Most people speak at least one octave higher than usual when talking to a cop.
4. Every single thing you've ever done wrong comes screaming back to you the minute a cap makes eye contact with you.
If you want to laugh, this is your pick. If you want a light read with a hopefull end, this is still your pick. If you like redhead girls with diabetes and is obsessed in doing lists, this my friend is the perfect pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!