Thursday, February 5, 2015

[R] Denied, by: Jodi Ellen Malpas

Denied (One Night #2)
by: Jodi Ellen Malpas

★★★★☆

He's amazingly wealthy, sinfully gorgeous, and can bring her to heights of pleasure she's never before known. For Livy, there's no turning back. She's determined to be the light in Miller Hart's dark world. Yet this new life comes with a steep price...

Miller knows that the power he possesses hasn't come without sacrifices-but he won't let Livy be one of them. Though he wants nothing more than to have her in every way, his first duty is to protect her at all costs...from his sins, his enemies, and especially himself.

But as their insatiable affair intensifies, the two attract the attention of an obsessive-and dangerous-third party. Discovering new revelations about Miller that rock her to the core, Livy will have to decide whether he's ruined beyond repair. And he must face his fear that in order to save her, he may have to lose her after all...


my thoughts
When I thought anything would be more fucked up as it was, JEM goes in and add more dirt to the whole story of Miller and Livy. And I know for a fact, that more shit its coming and it will hit the fan. This book was not totally a let down, but it certainly wasn't better than the first one, still one of my favorites.
"Darling girl, take life by the balls and twist them."
You know, its clearly the same method in some books... The first book is the catch on, you will learn to love the ways and all. The second book is problably a little bit more under the radar, but definitely at the end picks up and leave you hanging (which did it to me, but I have the next book). What happens in the third book, apart from the happy ending (I hope), is beyond me. This shit will be really hard to solve and if I was the author, I would be mortified just by thinking how to keep writing. JEM did an excellent job with the first book, but as I said too, it was missing something I cannot pin-point and I still can't. The romance is there, very good to swoon on. The fuck-up past and present is there (even more than I wished). The characters are good, my favorite is Nan. Really cannot said what its missing, but thats thing missing is why I'm giving it four stars. I miss Jesse, from This Man, terribly and I think its affecting how I read and expect from these books.
“She’s the blood in my veins.” He speaks clearly and softly. “She’s the air in my lungs.” There’s a slight pause, and I’m sure I hear William inhale a shocked breath. “She’s the bright, hopeful light in my tortured darkness. I’m warning you, Anderson. Don’t try to take her away from me.”
I'm loving very much the characters! As I said, Nan is my favorite. Her sassy ways make me smile and laugh a lot. About Miller *sighs*. I love his words. I want a man with the kind of words he says. He makes you fall in love with words (and his sexy ways too). Livy is cool, much better than Ava (from This Man). What I don't really like is that Livy doens't have a close girl friend. Her best friend is a man, which says is gay, but can be turn on by a woman... is he bisexual? No clue. I don't count Sylvie because its rare that she actually appears. Apart from them, Livy only has Nan, George and now Miller. More sad is him that doesn't have no-one, not counting Tony. Other interesting character is William Anderson. He certainly loves Livy like a father and I'm actually thinking that he is, because is too much concidence. Plus he knows things that doesn't want to give away and it pissed me off. I want to know all the secrets.
“We’re more broken if we don’t have each other. Let me put us back together again. I need you, Olivia. Desperately. You’re making my world light.”
I'm sure everything will explode in the next book. I don't think I'm prepared, but no matter what I'm reading it. I was in sexy books withdrawal, but now I'm pumped. Its Valentine's month, so let's see the love. I want this happy ending ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!