Friday, February 27, 2015

The Friday 56 [1]

The Friday 56
hosted by Freda's Voice


Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it).
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky in Freda's Voice blog. Add the post url, not your blog url.
*It's that simple.


It's my first time doing this! And I will try do it as often as I can. Enjoy my snippet of: Vivian Apple at the End of the World, by Katie Coyle.



"How many Believers were actually Raptured, thought?" I ask. "I was hoping they'd have an exact number by now."
"I can give you the exact number," says Grandpa Grant. "It's a big fat zero. Nodoby was Raptured, Vivian. There's no such thing as a Rapture."
"I meant, you know, how many people disappeared," I say quietly, cowed by the disdain in my grandfather's voice.
"I'm sure they'll have a more exact number at some point," my grandmother says dismissively. "For now, why don't you get some rest? We still have a ways to go before New York."
I lean back and shut up.

That was at page 56 and I'm now 123 pages in. It's not that interesting, but I will not give up. I mean, in some point it has to become interesting, right? I hope so.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally intrigued! What does it mean to be Rapture? Very cool snippet, love the cover too!
    Thanks for joining in, hope to see you regularly!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raptured, as in the Rapture of God, a christian believe that when the time comes God will take us (the good guys) to heaven and earth will be hell. I really like this feature, so I will do it every time I can. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!