Monday, February 2, 2015

[Special Review] Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, by: Louise Rennison

by: Louise Rennison

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging
On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God
Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas
Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants
Away Laughing on a Fast Camel
Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers
Startled by His Furry Shorts
Love is a Many Trousered Thing
Stop in the Name of Pants!
Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?

As I did a while ago... this is a Special Review post which will contain a lot of my thoughts in the already named series. It HAS A LOT of spoilers, so if you haven't read any of these books, read the first paragraph and then skip directly to the last paragraph and do not read the other which contain such spoilers. So actutally this is NOT a review, but I call it that way because I can.*winks*

my thoughts (aka rambling)
Let's keep this clean by first saying how much I loved these books, because I did A LOT. Much of these books were rated more than three stars, but I would give a totaly of 4.5 stars to the whole series. It makes you laugh like a lunatic, even by reading the titles. In the following paragraph I will talk about characters and scenes, just to refresh how much I like these books.

characters (not in order)
I don't know with who to start, so let's make it random:

Mrs, Nicolson
Georgia's mom or Connie (which is her name). This character, from what I read of some Q&A from the author, is inspired by the mother's author. Louise's mother actually read the book and said that she is exaggereating about how she treat her daughter. And for real, sometimes I was very pissed of how Mrs. Nicolson treat Georgia and others I was very glad that Georgia has such a lovely mother. What you will never forget is how much Georgia talk about her mother's basoomas (which she inherited) and how much of a little girl she acts in from of "hot" guys, such as the family doctor or even her husband friends.
“Libby carried on singing and wiggling around in Mum's arm, and then Mum noticed me. Being in my bedroom. "What are you up to, Georgia? Why are you in here?" I said, "Not that anyone notices, but this is actually my room. You know, for me to be in. I was in bed, as it happens." Mum said as she went out, "Oh you must be sooo tired, all that lip gloss and mascara to carry round all day." Vair vair amusing. Not.”
Mr. Nicolson
Georgia's dad or how I called him, the Mad Man who drives a Clown Car. Now, this character IT IS a laugh. He acts like any dad I know, always grumpy and questioning everything. What I really wanted was a scene were he was nice to Georgia by just doing so and not because his wife told him so. He is totally a mad man, becuase I don't know in what he works but he looks like he is always free. Playing with his friends, watching his clown car, making Georgia's life impossible and so on. He is actually someone that cares, but doesn't really know how to show it.
“Watching TV Mum said, 'Do you miss your dad?' and I said, 'Who?”
Liberty "Libby" Nicolson
NOW, this is a huge character in the first books. Is what mostly made me laugh very out loud. She is such a crazy child. In every scene she is in, something really wicked will happen, like she singing with the top of her lungs SEX BUM or just making a drag queen of her only poor friend Josh or even putting the cats in the freezer. See! She is such a character that deserves her own wicked series, right?
“Gingee, Gingee, it's meeeeeeeeeeee!!!' I could hear her panting up the stairs to my room. She kicked open my bedroom door and ran from the door and leapt onto the bed, covering me with kisses.'I LOBE you, my big big sister.' I couldn't get her off me.' Libby, just let me...' 'Kissy kissy kiss, snoggy snog.' 'That's enough, now let me...' 'Mmmmmm, groovy baby.' What is she talking about? She is supposed to be in kindergarten to learn how to grow up, not turn into an even madder person. Then she stood up on the bed and starting thrusting her hips out and singing her favorite: 'Sex bum sex bum I am a sex bum.' Quite spectacularly mad.” 
Uncle Eddie
He doesn't actually appears much, but when he do is always to make Georgia's life miserable with such lame jokes that you actually laugh of how lame they are. Guess what? He is a stripper, what a laugh I had when I read that. Also, he is bald, just saying.
“When uncle Eddie does his impression of 'Like a Virgin' it's like Madonna is coming out of his body!'Christ what an image.”
Rosie & Sven
Oh this couple, other than perfect, IS crazy as goats. Rosie is one of the Ace Gang members and one of the bff's of Georgia. She totally is missing some wears in her head, so no big deal when he met Sven and he was exactly like her. That's why they are one of the perfect couples of the book. Sven is... what is he? Sweaden? I dunno, he speaks horribly the english language and almost no one understand him, but when he do talks is very very funny. He always has the most crazy ideas, like the Furry Shorts or the Silver Sparkly Pants for clubbing. Vair vair funny!
“Rosie get off your desk, and please put your beard away.”
Jools, Ellen & Mabs
This is basically the minor characters of the Ace Gang, which are friends of Georgia. They aren't that great, but when they whole gang is reunited beware of them. Jools is always changing of boyfriend and Mabs is always snogging someone new, but not exactly a boyfriend. Now, Ellen is a mystery to me. When I really noticed her was she began to rate Dave the Laugh, which pissed me off most of the time whenever she talked about him. PLUS, does Ellen suffer some disorder or something? She couldn't make a whole sentence, there where always things left out that she swallowed. I hate the suspensive periods in those ocasions.
“HOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!”
Jas & Tom
Aka Po & Hunky as they call themselves like lovely names... not. These two were a couple from day one. They did have a couple of rough days, but they were always together and for how the books end, they will forever be. Its actually a couple to take example of. They like a lot, they act like a couple and they do things like any couple must do, which Georgia never understands. Jas is such a good example for Georgia, but she never see it. Jas is the resonable voice, someone that makes you stop laughing of Georgia's stupidity and think how much unreal is the things that Georgia does. Tom is a down to earth boy that I wished to heard more, but never did. He acted like a boy, talk like one, but never gave us such insights. Georgia was always clueless about boys, but she never asked Tom. *sighs* I will miss Jas & Tom.
“Its okay I'm wearing really big knickers.”
Robbie
Aka the Sex God. Basically the first biggest love of Georgia, who is Tom's brother and the voice (singer) from The Stiff Dylans. Every gig that the gang went was to heard this band sing and obviously to see these gorgeous men. Robbie was a good character, because he was (like his brother) very down to earth, but I really don't understand how did he like Georgia that much. She is the most crazy person alive so... He always said that she was insane, but that make him laugh and was totally ok with it. After Robbie was out of the picture... I missed him, and when he came back I was already in love with Dave the Laugh to accept him again. I did NOT like that he stayed with Wet Lindsay... wait, he ended with her, right? *confussed* Anyways, may the Lord grant him happiness.
“He said, 'Hi, gorgeous,' which I think is nice. I admire honesty.” 
Masimo
Our Luuuuuurve God! Straight from Italia to England, as a backup singer to The Stiff Dylans after Robbie went to Kiwi-a-gogo land. When I knew he was italian, I thought I was going to fall in love inmediately with him, but that wasn't the case. There was always something off for me about him, I don't know what. He was a good guy and all, but what the hell... I don't know what threw me off him. But he was certainly a Dreamboat. What was really funny about him that he didn't actually knew too much of English language, but knew how to sing. Isn't strange?
“Ciao, caro.
Dave the Laugh
Now we are talking about my favorite character of all. This guy right here... I would pick him over any Sex God or Dreamboat. He is certainly the best of the best, for real. He was introduced in book two and I just fell in love instantly with him and I don't know why Georgia saw him for what he was from the beginning, it isn't until the end that she actually makes sense. This boy is lovely, smart, a laugh, protective and lovable in so many ways. I would snog him to infinity and beyond. And if you notice almost all the books titles are quotes from him or thanks to him.
“Oh no. I've just accidently paid a visit to the cakeshop of love. I haven't put back my Italian cakey, but I have accidentally picked up a Dave the Tart.”
Angus & Gordy
THE CATS! These crazy, weird and cute cats are basically one of the biggest part in the whole books. They even appear in the cover pictures. We are introduced to Angus from the beginning and then when he fell in love with Naomi the Sex Kitten, they have kitties and Gordy is one of them. Libby adores these kitties and without Angus, Georgia would die (almost happened).
“When Mutti and Vati came in I didn't speak to them. I just unfurled the CAT MOLESTERS banner I had made.”
Georgia Nicolson
What can I add about her when I said almost everything about her? Well, I did not knew what exactly her age was in the books, but from the information I gathered she was fourteen when the series began and between seventeen to eighteen at the end, hell if I know. She is the main character and so selfish to imagine that the whole books are about her. Georgia could you please get out of the way to let me see and meet the other characters? Hilarious, stupid, crazy, but a really good laugh of girl.

overall
What can I add? I really loved these books and maybe just maybe I will re-read them again some time in the future. Or I may give away my books, I don't know yet. I loved them and I will never forget about them. If you want to have a really good laugh and even learn a few things of anything, read these books. They are a short read and really good to take away your reading slump. I recommend them A LOT. Plus, the lingo will be very hard to take it off after reading the books. Ask me about it.

If you read all of this, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!