Wednesday, February 11, 2015

[R] Sapphire Blue, by Kersten Gier

Sapphire Blue
(The Ruby Red Trilogy #2)
by: Kerstin Gier

★★★★☆

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.

At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out.

my thoughts


oh, hell! Where do I begin? If you answer, from the beginning I will punch you. The book does not have an exactly beginning. Meaning the story is a full bowl of spaggetti that no one knows where it came from. I'm still a little lost.
“It’s funny, but I was just thinking I wouldn’t mind a repeat of that boring evening when we elapsed to 1953,” said Gideon. “Just you and me and Cousin Sofa.”
Certainly, I got no summary for you, because everything is scramble up. But from what I did gather, the book comes just a second later from the ending of last book. The kiss. And there is another ghost around! Which after that scene is completely attached to Gwen because she can see him and hear him, so much a pain in the back, but a good good friend sometimes. I really laugh of him wanting a cat or a dog, tho. Talking again about that kiss... I'm not comfortable of how Gideon acts. I keep questioning him, because I'm sure I can trust him. Until the epilogue, which I really understood that he really loves her, but he is so brainwashed that he can't see very well and acts like Gwen is no one at all. It broke my heart all Gwen's suffering, but it had to happened at some point.
"Nick demostrated twenty-three ways of communicating without words by fanning himself with a napkin. "This one means oops, your fly is open, sir, and if you lower the fan a little and look at someone over the top of it, it means wow, I'd like to marry you. But if you do it the other way around, it means ha ha, we are now at war with Spain."
I have quite a laugh with this book, even more than with the first. Here it happens to many things at once that following it was hard to, but if I was careful I would catch up eventually. The romance is intense now more than the first book. Some characters are in development even better than last time, but I would wish to see more of others, like Gwen's family or Gideon's. I really love that there is someone with her all the time, Xemerius, and that Lesley, no matter how wicked things get with Gwen, she is always there for her. Now, going straight to finish all this carnival. Book three, here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!