Friday, April 1, 2016

[R] HardBall, by: CD Reiss

HardBall
by: CD Reiss

★★★★☆

Perfect ass. Perfect arms. Perfect swagger.

They call Dash Wallace the Diamond King.

He’s the hottest commodity in baseball and in the bedroom.

When he runs the bases, every woman’s eyes are glued to his stunning body and a smile that puts the night lights to shame.

I’m no queen. I’m a regular girl with a regular job. I just watch him on TV and from the bleachers, season after season.

Girls like me grab a guy like that one in a million times.

My number just came up, and he is as spectacular in bed as he is on the field.

But there’s not a woman in the world who can distract Dash Wallace from the game. Not for a moment. Not even me.

Until the night I do. And everything changes.

I am not newbie of CD Reiss writing, but I have to admit that I have never read something so different from her than this. I read the whole Songs of Submission and Songs of Perdition series, and those books cannot be compared to this one. Two kinds of different levels that cannot be compared, but I kind of did and I got a little disappointed.

Vivian Foster is a school librarian. A regular woman with a regular job. She LOVES baseball and when the school made a trip to the stadium for the kids to meet the stars, it was obvious she was going to go. She went to the Diamond King, Dashiell Wallace, for his signature. She was HIS signal that everything was about to change. Dash has always been in control of everything and his life spins around his job, baseball. When Vivian enters to his life, everything gets screwed up, but is change good or it's the worst thing that can happened to him?

Like I said, this book cannot be compare to other CD Reiss books. It has a je ne sais quoi that I cannot pin point. I just wasn't the same. I like it, but it threw me off a bit, because I was waiting for a certain turn in the story that never came. Details went out of the window and feelings stood the whole ground making the story "cheesy", but good nonetheless.

Vivian and Dash were perfect characters. Even though Dash was a baseball player, he knew so much. He was educated, respectful and totally the swooning type. He was the perfect gentleman up front and dirtier than anyone on bed. He wanted so much of Vivian, but she was aware that much of that couldn't be healthy, so the problems started. When you based your profession in being lucky or not, things might get a little shaky. But when you put things on perspective and believe in yourself, things might go better than expected.

I loved all the literary quotes, innuendos and of course, Shakespeare. I love all of that. I love that Vivian was a bookworm, but so was Dash. I loved how good he describe things, with so much passion.
"How I feel? I feel like the sky is eight feet over my head, a million tons and falling fast. I don't know what you want from me, but I'm pretty sure I can't give it to you. I tried. But I'm squeezed."
It was a super light read, fast and with a so what happy ending. It end to fast for me, but it was so good to read it that I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!