Sunday, April 3, 2016

[R] Torch, by: Cambria Hebert

Torch
(Take It Off #1)
by: Cambria Hebert

★★★★☆

If you can’t take the heat… stay away from the flame.

Katie Parks has been on her own since the age of fifteen. All she’s ever wanted is a place to call her own—a life that is wholly hers that no one can take away. She thought she finally had it, but with the strike of a single match, everything she worked so hard for is reduced to a pile of smoking ash. And she almost is too.

Now she’s being stalked by someone who’s decided it’s her time to die. The only thing standing in the path of her blazing death is sexy firefighter Holt Arkain.

Katie’s body might be safe with Holt… but her heart is another story.

As the danger heats up, sparks fly and the only thing Katie knows for sure is that her whole life is about to go up in flames.

You thought that after reading the GearShark books I was done with Cambria? You are wrong. I told myself I was going to discover her other series, and here I am. I finished this book is a couple of hours. It did not disappointed.

So, who doesn't like a story that the hero is a firefighter? I really don't mind. When Katie finds herself in a fire, almost dying, Holt comes to the rescue. But not only that! Now that she lost everything and there's still someone out there trying to get her killed, Holt becomes the best guy ever (or just the creepiest) and jumps to save her once again. Who can refuse a sexy, hot firefighter to save you? Certainly, not me.
His lips were like a really sinful slice of chocolate cake. You know if you ate it, you would hate yourself in the morning, but the call of that chocolate was so utterly strong you had to take a bite.
You know, sometimes coming back to the firsts works of an author is a really long jump. You can't actually compare the most recent work to one of her firsts, there would be always a lot of differences. But going back in the timeline and read this book, wasn't bad. You can actually see the changes and how good it went for her. Still, the book was good enough to keep me hooked and wanting more.

I'm definitely going to read more in the series. I love this kind of romance. The one that is cheesy, hot and fast. I'm a hooker for it, so this is me telling you that you'll see more reviews of these books soon. These characters were how I would like my reality. Why can't I have a sexy firefighter all to myself? I am was a librarian too! Quick, sweet and hot... read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!