Tuesday, April 19, 2016

[R] Finley, by: Ella Frank

Finley
(Sunset Cove #1)
by: Ella Frank

★★★★★

It's time to come home, Finn.
It’s been seven years since Daniel Finley left his hometown in Florida for the hustle and bustle of Chicago’s city life.
Since then, he’s worked hard for his position at the prestigious law firm Leighton & Associates, even when it’s caused distance and isolation from his family and friends. But that’s all about to change.
On his thirtieth birthday, he receives the one thing he never dared hope for. Something that was promised to him years earlier—a note. One simple sentence from the man he’s never been able to forget.
Six words will forever change the course of their lives.
Brantley Hayes has it all. Or so he thinks. When he first made the decision to take a job down in Florida, his family thought he was crazy. But, after years of living in the quiet beach town, he finally feels a sense of community. He’s surrounded himself with friends who are like family, has a job he loves, and owns a spectacular beachfront property that is his sanctuary.
Yet he still feels unfulfilled, as if a piece of the puzzle is missing, and he knows exactly which piece it is. On an impulse, he follows through with a promise he made years earlier. A promise to call home the one he sent away.
Nothing is as simple as it seems.
After years of separation, the former lovers are reunited, but Brantley wasn’t expecting to encounter the high walls now guarding Daniel’s heart.
Daniel may not be the same person he was when he left, but he knows that the first step to healing is the note in his hand.


I have the good news, that if you read the Temptation trilogy, you will be very very happy with this book. I mean, I was on cloud nine when I first noticed that this book was going to come out, and I was even higher than a kite when I read the book.i'm just so happy that I might cry. That's how wonderful this book is.

For those who didn't read the Temptation trilogy, Daniel Finley is a very successful lawyer in Chicago, who helped Tate once upon a time and was a total dick to Logan, but he did the job well. The character, in those books, did not caught my interest much, but after reading the blurb of this book, I was on. Everyone has a past, and Finn's is the Professor Bradley Hayes. There was a time when these two were so in love, that Finn thought it was his happily ever after. But Bradley wanted to "help" Finn by making him go away and study law. It crushed Finn, but he did it. Seven years later, Bradley sends a note telling him to come back home. Finn does, but neither of them thought how much things had changed, but, seriously, they didn't change that much. Their love still there, but they don't want to talk about it.

This book, guys, this book was going to be the end of me if it was going to be a continuation like the Temptation trilogy, but it wasn't and I'm happy. I dare to say that the first fifteen chapters were crucial. There was so much background we didn't know, but it was showing little by little, and there was so much sexual tension between these two that you could cut it with a knife.

I loved these two! They were just as perfect as Tate and Logan, but no one can win against those two, so its cutting close. I love Finley more than Bradley, but it was because Finn is more vocal than Bradley. I mean, who doesn't love witty come backs and a commanding man? I so enjoyed this book terribly terribly, so I'm anxiously waiting for more. There is a hanging scene at the end, but about other two characters... I really really want to read that book ASAP. Devil's Kiss, I'm waiting for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!