Monday, April 4, 2016

[R] Tease, by: Cambria Hebert

Tease
(Take It Off #2)
by: Cambria Hebert

★★★★☆

You can look, but you can't touch...

Harlow is a broke college student. When her tuition assistance is taken away, she is faced with a choice: admit to her mother she couldn't hack it on her own or make a lot of money fast.

So she gets a good-paying job.

As a stripper.

She thought it would be easy, but it turn out being sexy is a lot harder than she thought. When a few mishaps work in her favor, she manages to hang on to her job and catch the eye of the Mad Hatter's best-looking bartender, Cam.

She's also caught the eye of someone who wants to do more than look, someone who's decided she's nothing but a tease.

As the clothes come off, Harlow finds herself caught between lust and murder, The only thing she knows for sure is that her new risqué job is a lot more than she bargained for.


And here I am, again, reviewing a book of Cambria Hebert. I told you I was going to read as much as I can of her books, meaning almost everything. I'm just in the second book, and its already getting better.

This time, instead of having a firefighter, we got a sexy, hot bartender-surfer! His name is Cam, and I fell in love with him immediately after talking. Harlow wasn't clearly the best for this job. Not anyone can be stripper, certainly not her. She hate the job, but the money was good and the bartender was gorgeous. The thing is that becoming a stripper than doesn't show too much, makes her a tease and that brings problems to her door. When too many weird things start to happen, being a stripper sound less and less appealing.
“Kissing him was like the first bite of really fattening ice cream. Like lying in bed and listening to the sound of a thunderstorm or being a kid on Christmas Eve. Sinful, comfortable, but thoroughly exciting.”
The relationship between Cam and Harlow was almost perfect. I love him, but I didn't actually like her much. I keep forgetting her name, man! I don't know why, I just didn't click with her. But Cam was just the best. If you tell me to chose between Holt or him, it will be a tough decision.

What I loved the most was the epilogue. It was four years later! I was so happy to actually read at least a little of their future But I was disappointed that I did not learn much from other characters, like Roxie and Adam. Those two are bound to end together, so why didn't I see that? Is it because there's another book with them as main characters or what? Now I'm curious to check all the books blurbs.

Cambria latest works still way better than this series, but I have to admit that I'm still hooked and I want more. I'm sure I will read more. Read me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!