Sunday, April 17, 2016

[R] Lullabies, by: Lang Leav

Lullabies
by: Lang Leav

★★★★★

A sequel to the hugely popular, best-selling Love & Misadventure, Lullabies continues to explore the intricacies of love and loss.

Set to a musical theme, love's poetic journey in this new, original collection begins with a Duet and travels through Interlude and Finale with an Encore popular piece from the best-selling Love & Misadventure. Lang Leav's evocative poetry speaks to the soul of anyone who is on this journey.

Leav has an unnerving ability to see inside the hearts and minds of her readers. Her talent for translating complex emotions with astonishing simplicity has won her a cult following of devoted fans from all over the world.

Lang Leav is a poet and internationally exhibiting artist.

I have to confess that I hate, hate, hate with everything inside of me... poetry. Is something that I don't like to read, I don't like to analyse and certainly, don't like to create. BUT, Lang Leav has made me see poetry with other eyes. Something that now even Shakespeare or Edgar Allan Poe could do. I still don't love poetry, but I'm certainly seeing it with other eyes now.

The first book, Love & Misadventure, filled something inside of me that I did not knew that it needed filling. Something inside of me craved this type of poetry. To open my mind to a new world of possibilities. Words can be magical to describe the perfect settings or to narrate the best scenes, but poetry give you only a glimpse for you to imagine everything.

Her books, this one included, does not follow and order. Everything is scramble up and that is the beauty of it. All our feelings take place in the same place of ourselves, so her different poetry is all living in the same book. But the highs and lows are terrible, terrible for my feels. In one poem, I'm very in love and in the other I'm bittersweet or super sad. There's no in between and again, that's the beauty of it.

Poetry is not only written with poems. Narration has poetry. Dialogue has poetry. A single word can have even more poetry than a hundred verses poem. This book gives you that example. The whole book is poetry, but not all of it is shown in poems. Open your mind a bit and read Lang Leav. You'll never regret it.
It was like hearing every good-bye ever said to me---said all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!