Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Teaser Tuesday [8]

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: grab your current read; open to a random page; share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page; BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!); and share the title & author, too, so that other people can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

(Unwind Dystology #1)
by: Neil Shusterman

 Connor, Risa, and Lev are running for their lives.


The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.

my teaser:
The last bit of daylight is gone from the sky now; the only color left is dark blue fading to black. The streetlights have not yet come on, so Lev dodges through endless shades of pitch. The better to run. The better to hide. The better to lose himself now that darkness is his friend.
Reading this book because of Dystopian Reading Challenge Book Club. Its good. I never thought I was going to read. I have been engrossed in other books, but I'm sure I will end this book as soon as possible. I don't know if I will pick up the next ones. But for now, let's see if I finish this one. By the way, the chapter from where I took that little paragraph is super sad. My feels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!