Wednesday, March 23, 2016

[R] Second Grave on the Left, by: Darynda Jones

Second Grave on the Left
(Charley Davidson #2)
by: Darynda Jones

★★★★★

If you hang around with dead people, life can deliver a whole world of trouble.

Take it from Charley Davidson, part-time P.I. and full-time Grim Reaper. The deceased find her very sparkly. Demons find her irresistible. And one entity in particular wants to seduce her in every way possible...

When Charley and Cookie, her best friend slash receptionist, have to track down a missing woman, the case is not quite as open and shut as they anticipate. Meanwhile, Reyes Alexander Farrow (otherwise known as the Son of Satan. Yes. Literally.) has left his corporeal body because he's being tortured by demons who want to lure Charley closer. But Reyes can't let that happen. Because if the demons get to Charley, they'll have a portal to heaven. And if they have a portal to heaven...well, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty.

Can Charley handle hot nights with Reyes and even hotter days tracking down a missing woman? Can she keep those she loves out of harm's way? And is there enough coffee and chocolate in the world to fuel her as she does?

my thoughts

I have declared that my new favorite author is Darynda Jones. I'm so into her writting that I'm sure I'll fell in a reading slump when I finish her books. Let me tell you that the first book was awesome, but it keeps getting better. I know very inside of me that these books will not let me down.

Charlotte Davidson, aka Charley, is part-time PI and full-time without much benefits Grim Reaper. Her mission is to help anyone that needs help, no matter if its alive or dead. But almost of the times both get very tangled. This time around, an alive person is missing, but her dissaperance is tied to another person who have been missing from ten years (yes, she is dead). But not so fast, that is not her only case. From the day she was born, the Big Bad, aka Reyes Alexander Farrow, aka the Son of Satan, is been following her and somehow they sort of fell in love with each other. He protecting her any chance she got in a mess. She trying to find who and what the hell he is. Guess what? You have to read the books to know.

Characters:

  • Charley - this girl is #Goals of the kind of chick I would love to be. I mean, I would love to have her witty comebacks and her sense of humor. Plus, she totally can kick ass.
  • Cookie - this girl deserves an award. She does everything for Charley, even puts up with her. Believes everything that comes out of Charley's mouth even though supernatural things aren't that easy to digest. Kudos for Cookie!
  • Ubie - this old man right here is basically the best uncle Charley would ask for. But as good as he is, he irritates Charley as well. He just doesn't understand, but neither Charley explains. Her fault.
  • Reyes - we finally know his real name and I kind of like it. But I did not like the whole issue of corporal and incorporal body. He got issues, seriously bad issues! Doesn't understand that Charley wants him alive for herself, but neither she speaks up, right? Again, her fault.
Seriously, this guys are the best. I will keep updating book after book how much they are growing, but for now that's it. Other characters as Swopes, Angel, Pari, Charley's family, Taft, Becky or Rocket cannot be explain, yet, from me, because I don't have much on them. I don't even know if they will stay on future books because they barely appear.

Cool Powers: Grim Reaper, Moving Insanely fast, Reading Emotions, Seeing the departed (and talking to them), the Light, the Portal, the Key, Fast healing, Hard to kill, and this insanely power of light to vanish demons. Seriously, what more do you need to explain that Charley is #Goals?

I hate the ending, but that's why theres another book, right? Read me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!