Sunday, March 27, 2016

[R] Seventh Grave and No Body, by: Darynda Jones

Seventh Grave and No Body
(Charley Davidson #7)
by: Darynda Jones

★★★★★

Twelve. Twelve of the deadliest beasts ever forged in the fires of hell have escaped onto our plane, and they want nothing more than to rip out the jugular of Charley Davidson and serve her lifeless, mangled body to Satan for dinner. So there’s that. But Charley has more on her plate than a mob of testy hellhounds. For one thing, her father has disappeared, and the more she retraces his last steps, the more she learns he was conducting an investigation of his own, one that has Charley questioning everything she’s ever known about him. Add to that an ex-BFF who is haunting her night and day, a rash of suicides that has authorities baffled, and a drop-dead sexy fiancé who has attracted the attentions of a local celebrity, and Charley is not having the best week of her life. But all of that combined barely scratches the surface of her problems. Recent developments—and a few distressing prophesies—have forced her to become a responsible adult. Exactly the kind of adult she’s never aspired to be. To conquer such a monumental task, she’s decided to start small. Really small. She gets a pet. But how can she save the world against the forces of evil when she can’t even keep a goldfish alive?

A tad north of hell, a hop, skip, and a jump past the realm of eternity, is a little place called Earth, and Charley Davidson, grim reaper extraordinaire, is determined to do everything in her power to protect it.
Well, there goes my expections for other books. I think this series will top them all and I will never recover of the reading slup that I will fall in after I finish this books. What I am more afraid is the fact that I only have four more books to read and only two of them are out. I seriously don't want a cliff at the end of book number nine.

Anywas.... I'm sorry for last book review and for the lack of comments, but there wasn't much I could tell you without spoiling the whole book. And right now, I'm telling you to stop reading this if you haven't read this book, because I will not stop my spoilers from, well, spoiling.

Facts at the End of this Book:
  • Reyes and Charley are finally married and pregtastic. YEY!
  • Leland was murdered by someone who is investigation Charley really close and that may or may not be informing to the Vatican. Plus, now that Lelan is a ghost, he can be more productive. Still, it breaks my heart to see it happen this way. He didn't even went to Charley's wedding because he was dead in a warehouse. I'm sorry, Charley.
  • Osh'ekiel is the real name of the Dealer and he has become quite a good friend, but I still have my doubts. Plus, he is more interested in the well being of Beep, than her mother, Charley. Something here doesn't look that good to me.
  • Charley's powers keep leaving me speechless. I knew that she was powerful, but damn. She even brought to life a kid.
  • The Twelve are really weird. I cannot even compare those creatures to any supernatural being from the TV show.
  • I knew angels excited, but right now reading that Rocket heard about Archangel Michael... I don't think those are really good news, even though he is one of the good guys.
  • I am very confused of the fact of the Twelve. There are two sets, of what I understood and every character did, the ones that were summoned (we still don't know who summoned them) and the ones that were sent. Leland kept repeating that fact and it may be bad. Why does everything has to be bad for Charley? Jeez.
  • Amber has superpowers too! She can actually read you the cards and very good by the way. I'm surprised.
  • Charley's humor will NEVER let us down.
I was busy perusing the suicide notes and waiting for Belvedere's water to finish its treatment when I heard a thud from Cookie's office. Then a mousy squeak. Then a throaty moan.
"Cookie," I said, wiggling my fingers at Belvedere to get him acquainted with out strange ways, "are you masturbating?"
"No. I got a paper cut."
Oh. I didn't see that coming.
I'm very shocked of everything that happened in this book. I cannot quite grasp everything and understand every little detail. Plus, I'm still lost. I think I will keep myself that way for a couple of hours until I cannot go without knowing a second more and go to read more. Read me later!
I woke early the next morning to sticky wrists and a raging headache. I felt like Barbara, my brain, had exploded into liquid goo but Fred, my skull, was keeping everything intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!