- Tessa - If you thought Clary was badass, then Tessa is badasser. Not only can she transform in whatever she wants (mostly human things), she has this guardian angel around her neck. Clockwork Angel. That was the biggest plot twist ever and I never saw it coming!
“If no one in the entire world cared about you, did you really exist at all?”
- Will - Oh, I cried a lot for him. The poor boy never felt loved, because a stupid curse, but he was so so loved. Still I love his humor, his heart and everything that comes out of his mouth.
“Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck.”
- Jem - This boy right here has the biggest heart forever. Not only he loved Will no matter how much Will push him away, but he basically would give his life for his love one.
“Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.”
- Jessamine - I didn't like her at all, but after reading so much about her in other books and stories. She really deserves something to be remember for. So, Jess, this space is for you!
"A lady does not read the newspaper. The society pages, perhaps, or the theater news. Not this filth."
- Gabriel & Gideon - Jeez. These two were like oil and water. One was very sweet and even in love with a human and the other was a WTF until he found love too.
“Nice work in there, Herondale, setting the place on fire,” Gabriel observed. “Good thing we were there to clean up after you, or the whole plan would have gone down in flames, along with the shreds of your reputation.”
- Sophie - DAMN girl! I want to be you when I grow up. She took the bull by the horns and rescue anyone as much as she could. And at the end, she gets the prettiest Lightwood.
“It's all right to love someone who doesn't love you back, as long as they're worth you loving them. As long as they deserve it.”
- Charlotte - Even though she was young, she was the best Head for the Institute. No matter what anyone said. She was just the best!
“Henry," said Charlotte, who seemed to have recovered from her shock, "if you set yourself on fire deliberately, I will institute divorce proceedings. Now sit down and eat your supper. And say hello to our guest.”
- Henry - Crazy and funny man right here. Look at him! Plus, brilliant.
“And then she said nothing else, for Henry put his arms around her and kissed her. Kissed her in such a way that she no longer felt plain, or conscious of her hair or the ink spot on her dress or anything but Henry, whom she had always loved. Tears welled up and spilled down her cheeks, and when he drew away, he touched her wet face wonderingly.
"Really," he said. "You love me, too, Lottie?”
- Magnus & Camille - these two were enterely different than in TMI. It was good to see them from other perspective and in other time.
“Black hair and blue eyes are my favorite combination.”What I loved most in this book is how much many things clicked from the other series, but at the same time it doesn't really spoiler you much. That's how a good author works. I love how much history she puts in the background, making look very realistic. I love how much literature she put in it making me love classics (which I really don't love, but certainly enjoy).
Seriously, if you haven't read any of her series... you got a problem. Is just the best!