Tuesday, March 22, 2016

[R] Big Rock, by: Lauren Blakely

Big Rock
by: Lauren Blakely

★★★★½

It's not just the motion of the ocean, ladies. It's definitely the SIZE of the boat too.

And I've got both firing on all cylinders. In fact, I have ALL the right assets. Looks, brains, my own money, and a big c*&k.

You might think I'm an a*&hole. I sound like one, don’t I? I'm hot as sin, rich as heaven, smart as hell and hung like a horse.

Guess what? You haven't heard my story before. Sure, I might be a playboy, like the NY gossip rags call me. But I’m the playboy who’s actually a great guy. Which makes me one of a kind.

The only trouble is, my dad needs me to cool it for a bit. With conservative investors in town wanting to buy his flagship Fifth Avenue jewelry store, he needs me not only to zip it up, but to look the part of the committed guy. Fine. I can do this for Dad. After all, I’ve got him to thank for the family jewels. So I ask my best friend and business partner to be my fiancée for the next week. Charlotte’s up for it. She has her own reasons for saying yes to wearing this big rock.

And pretty soon all this playing pretend in public leads to no pretending whatsoever in the bedroom, because she just can’t fake the kind of toe-curling, window-shattering orgasmic cries she makes as I take her to new heights between the sheets.

But I can’t seem to fake that I might be feeling something real for her.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into with this…big rock?

my thoughts

Sweeet! And funny. That's the whole point of this book. Its hilarious, but it gives you pointers of the ugly true. The story goes just like you are imagining, but slightly better. Its a perfect reading when you are being a vegetable, like me, on the bed, because spring break. *winks*

I want to thank the Academy... that's the line of the whole book. Actors and Actresses fake every time, but these two they fake it and made it real. He is mister I bring pleasure to any one who wants and She is miss I have been in love with you forever and when I tried to move on, you ask me to fake marry you. These two are the perfect couple. You know why? Because they are friends, best friends before starting their fake relantinship which will be real soon enough after. We all knew it was going to happen, but the step by step situation was hilarious to watch. Plus, we got snippets of our next couple, Harper and Nick, aka Mister Orgasm. Yey! I'm ready for it.

You see, I will never get tired of reading cheesy novels with obviously endings. I just suck them up and love them all at once. I love them. I crave them after a long series of fantasy or dystopian novels. YA is good, but some times I just need a NA or Adult to take out stress. I live to read these novels. So, hop on in the wagon and read them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!