Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Teaser Tuesday [7]

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: grab your current read; open to a random page; share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page; BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!); and share the title & author, too, so that other people can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

by: Neil Shusterman

 Caden Bosch is on a ship that's headed for the deepest point on Earth: Challenger Deep, the southern part of the Marianas Trench.


Caden Bosch is a brilliant high school student whose friends are starting to notice his odd behavior.

Caden Bosch is designated the ship's artist in residence to document the journey with images.

Caden Bosch pretends to join the school track team but spends his days walking for miles, absorbed by the thoughts in his head.

Caden Bosch is split between his allegiance to the captain and the allure of mutiny.

Caden Bosch is torn.

my teaser
"Caden, all I know is that something is wrong. It could be lots of things, and, yes, drugs is one of those things, but only one. I'd like to hear from your what's going on, if you'd like to tell me."
What's going on? I'm in the back car of a roller coaster at the top the climb, with the front rows already giving themselves over to gravity. I can hear those front riders screaming and know my own scream is only second away. I'm at the moment you hear the landing gear of a plane grind loudly into place, in that instant before your rational mind tells you it's just the landing gear. I'm leaping off a cliff only to discover I can fly... and then realizing there's nowhere to land. Ever. That's what's going on."So you're not going to say anything?" Ms. Sassel asks.
This book is seriously good. You are missing a lot if you don't read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!