Wednesday, March 30, 2016

[R] The Dirt on Ninth Grave, by: Darynda Jones

The Dirt on Ninth Grave
(Charley Davidson #9)
by: Darynda Jones

★★★★☆

In a small village in New York lives Jane Doe, a girl with no memory of who she is or where she came from. So when she is working at a diner and slowly begins to realize she can see dead people, she's more than a little taken aback. Stranger still are the people entering her life. They seem to know things about her. Things they hide with lies and half-truths. Soon, she senses something far darker. A force that wants to cause her harm, she is sure of it. Her saving grace comes in the form of a new friend she feels she can confide in and the fry cook, a devastatingly handsome man whose smile is breathtaking and touch is scalding. He stays close, and she almost feels safe with him around.

But no one can outrun their past, and the more lies that swirl around her—even from her new and trusted friends—the more disoriented she becomes, until she is confronted by a man who claims to have been sent to kill her. Sent by the darkest force in the universe. A force that absolutely will not stop until she is dead. Thankfully, she has a Rottweiler. But that doesn't help in her quest to find her identity and recover what she's lost. That will take all her courage and a touch of the power she feels flowing like electricity through her veins. She almost feels sorry for him. The devil in blue jeans. The disarming fry cook who lies with every breath he takes. She will get to the bottom of what he knows if it kills her. Or him. Either way.

If you have read my reviews on the books before this one. You know that I was dreading to finish this book. It not the last one on the series, but is the last one out, until June. I didn't want to end it because of cliffs (there was none at the end), but the book wrapped me up in its finger and I finish it in hours.
"You just have to stay out of trouble until then, capisce?" "Got it. It there's anything I can do, it's stay out of trouble." I hurried to get the sandwiches, paid for them with my tip money, then headed out the front door and straight toward trouble.
Even though our Charley has lost her memory, she keeps being hilarious and just like own self, caring and always in trouble. Everyone knows who she is, but no one tells because everything has to be reveal little by little. Which kinds of pissed Reyes off, because he is hurting. Just like Charley is hurting in the inside. This book is like erasing everything and starting from nothing.
The doctors told me I had amnesia. Right? Apparently that shit's real. Who knew?
I rated this book four stars, because the last chapters saved the book. I hate whenever an author thinks that is good to erase someone's memory and deal with all this crap. I hate the situation, so I really didn't like the book. But I had to know, for the next book, so I read it. I think this whole book can be skipped, except the last chapters. Because, who really wants to read a Charley that knows nothing about herself?
Je t'ai aimée pendant mille et un. -R
But I have to admit that the characters in this book were totally great. My heart broke for all them, because everyone wanted to tell Charley the truth, but... you know. Anyways, read this book if you want to.
I was drop as a baby.In a pool of awesomeness and badassery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!