Thursday, January 21, 2016

Swoon Thursday #YABound [4]

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.
Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the steamy button and share it on your blog. We want to know!

(Defy #3)
by: Sara B. Larson


At last, Alexa and King Damian are engaged to be married. But their lives are far from safe. The kingdom of Antion is under siege, and Rylan is a prisoner of the enemy. Even worse, Alexa remains at the mercy of the evil Dansiian Rafe, who controls her mind and can force Alexa to kill or harm Damian at any moment. Despite this, Alexa is determined to rescue Rylan, which soon leads her far from Damian and deep into enemy territory.


When she arrives, what awaits her is deadlier than anything she could have ever imagined: an army of black sorcerers, and a horrifying plot to destroy the world as Alexa knows it. Will she be able to gather the strength to free herself, protect the love of her life, and save the land? Will there ever be true peace? 

my fave scene of the whole book is swoon worthy!
"I should have had more faith, but after Rylan explained what he'd been through and overheard, it just didn't seem possible..." He trailed off with a shake of his head. "I've never felt pain like that in my entire life --- not even when my mother died, because I could have saved you. Instead, I ignored my instincts, and I let you leave and go to your death. When Rylan told me what had happened when you tried to escape, I didn't want to go on; I didn't want to fight. But I love my people, too, and I know my duty. So I planned; I led them here, all the while hardly able to force myself to eat anything or get up each morning." He reached up to cup my face, his fierce expression softening. "But then, I heard you shout my name, I thought I was dreaming. I thought perphaps I had finally died. But I'm not dead, and somehow my prayers were answered --- because you're here. And if I want to tell you I love you every minute of every day for the rest of our lives, no one is going to stop me. Least of all you."
Isn't Damian lovely? What is your swoon worthy scene?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!