Thursday, July 11, 2013

[R] The Host, by: Stephenie Meyer

The Host
(The Host #1)
by: Stephenie Meyer

★★★★★

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.

Featuring one of the most unusual love triangles in literature, THE HOST is a riveting and unforgettable novel about the persistence of love and the essence of what it means to be human.
Human... Soul... These two concepts are really hard to grasp in this book. I remember when I read it... I was intimidated. The book was bigger than any other and inside happened so many things! Anyways, this is totally a dystopian and sci-fi book... with a fuck up dystopian world.

It's not that fuck up, but basically for humans it is. Humans are almost white out of the planet. But there still humans around, maybe a few hidden, but still there and that's what count. The souls have made the perfect "all peace and happiness" world, but for their joy is not for the humans. They thought that our world was so fuck up and we didn't deserve living here. So they push us aside and entered to our world and bodies. They use us and hunt us to continue raising their soul population. "Screw them!" That's what I would said.

BUT. Wanderer (aka Wanda) is different. She still have a human soul inside her, Melanie. She still fights, because she loves and fights to be love. Wanda becomes aware of every injustice towards the humans and of the worlds she have been before. Stealing other species bodies, taking control of their world and why? Because they think that they are better. "Hell no!" Wanda choose to fight and love alongside to the humans.

This books contains the following problem in my worlds: "How the hell do I take out myself from Melanie body? This, without entering in another body with a soul, without dying and without leaving everyone that I love and loves me." That's Wanda's thinking in my words. Funny, huh? I was quite nervous when the end was getting near, because I did not saw a really happy ending for Wanda. But because Stephenie Meyer likes her HEAs, she made us one for ourselves.

The movie of this book? PERFECT! I did read the book before watching the movie, but I seriously thought that the movie was a similar replica of the book. I seriously like it. But, PLEASE read the book first. Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!