Tuesday, July 9, 2013

[R] Eleanor & Park, by: Rainbow Rowell

Eleanor & Park
by: Rainbow Rowell

★★★★½

"Bono met his wife in high school," Park says.
"So did Jerry Lee Lewis," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be," she says, "we’re sixteen."
"What about Romeo and Juliet?"
"Shallow, confused, then dead."
"I love you," Park says.
"Wherefore art thou," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be."

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.

my thoughts
Okay, maybe you should read this book, before reading my review! I WARNED YOU.

This book made me cry, laugh and feeling anger toward the antagonist. I was thinking like: there is people that live like her, how can that is even possible? Then I thought like, well, it was the late 60's, so yeah they didn't have too many options. But still. I effing hate how was she living and how she acted. Why didn't she look for help? Why at the end? WHY?!? So many whys that I feel like Park asking why...?

I cannot denied that I loved the book. Every single of it and guess what... I read it in less that 6 hours. I was so in it, that I just keep reading until the end. Without stop and without wanting to stop.
Park: he was... At the begin I really hate him, like why are you so mean? But then, something change in him. He began to feel interested and finally look out for Eleanor. I would love to have a boyfriend who can kick some asses for me. Everyone thought he was a pussy, but not me. He was just different at that period, now... not too much, just normal. He just really want to help Eleanor and it give me the feels when he always write letter for her and she didn't reply. At least, he receive one.
Eleanor: such a strange, but strong girl. Everyone keep calling her weird, but she NEVER called someone strange or weird. For her, everything was normal. Her feeling were like more big than a roller coaster. Always spinning very fast. Up when happy, down when sad or angry. Park always made her feel safe and you suppose to know why. She feel unsettled whenever he was around, but made her safe. Strange combination of feelings if you ask me. I admire her, because I would never ever would have permit that kind of treatment. I know that she was drive by fear and all. But at least, she was very brave and strong at end to make the decision to leave and call help.

I don't know if I would live the day without thinking about the end of the story, maybe I begin to read other book (which is what I always do). But I would never forget how this book made me feel and how it change my way to think about helpless people.

If you spoiled yourself, thats your problem. Otherwise, you should read it. LIKE NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!