Monday, July 29, 2013

[R] Jealousy, by: Lili St. Crow

Jealousy
(Strange Angels #3)
by: Lili St. Crow

★★★★☆

Dru Anderson might finally be safe. She’s at the largest Schola on the continent, and beginning to learn what it means to be svetocha—half vampire, half human, and all deadly. If she survives her training, she will be able to take her place in the Order, holding back the vampires and protecting the oblivious normal people.

But a web of lies and betrayals is still closing around her, just when she thinks she can relax a little. Her mentor Christophe is missing, her almost-boyfriend is acting weird, and the bodyguards she’s been assigned seem to know much more than they should. And then there’s the vampire attacks, the strange nightly visits, and the looks everyone keeps giving her. As if she should know something.

Or as if she’s in danger.

Someone high up in the Order is a traitor. They want Dru dead—but first, they want to know what she remembers of the night her mother died. Dru doesn’t want to remember, but it looks like she might have to—especially since once Christophe returns, he’ll be on trial for his life, and the only person who can save him is Dru.

The problem is, once she remembers everything, she may not want to...
Hell! Now we are talking. Why the first two books were so lame? This one was pure action. Every single page had so many things at the same time. Gosh! Yes, I know why I give it 4 stars and its because I didn't like it that completely. I really hate some parts, but I kind of love almost the whole book. Thumbs up for Lili St. Crow! This book was good.

Dru Anderson. Why I still don't know her name? Yes, everybody call her Dru, but that's not her name, right? She said that she will not tell her true name, but I still want to know it. I got a few more names, thought. Maybe this is spoiler for you so, be WARNED! Graves. You know, the Goth Boy from the first book and the loup-garou from the second, who still a loup-garou in this book, but more hot. His full name is Edgar Hideaki Graves. Figures, he did have asian blood. Dru's mother. We know that her name is Elizabeth, but now we have her maiden name. Lefevre. I like it, sounds girly and pretty. About other character full names, well we have some from this first three books, eg: Dwight Anderson, Augustine (last name is in another language, Polish maybe?), Christophe Reyard, Robert Shanks and I think that Dibs is a last name, so it would be Samuel Dibs? Whatever.

Let's talk about Christophe and Graves. Shit! I really don't like how this love triangle is going. Christophe didn't appear like in the first 20 something chapters. He appeared in the moment when Dru was being attacked by vampires. I quite like that, but not that much. He always shows when she is in danger. In the other hand, we have Graves. Which is always there, but now not too much. I really don't know what it's happening to him. Dru tell him that she likes him and he tells her the same, but he doesn't move. He got stuck in there and the only thing that he says is that there is too much shit in fan to keep adding stuff. WTF? Is he kidding or what? After Lili St. Crow dedicated a full whole chapter of them "making out", which was more like lip-locking like Dru says, he says like "we are going to fast". He really have problems and we kind of figured out that after some things he said. But still, why move far away and not move near? I don't understand him. Going again to Christophe theme. He got more of one chapter with Dru "making out"! Certainly, I do call that making out. They made out like for almost two chapters. That tells you something, right? Every day I love Christophe more and more.

Now, what about her new bodyguards? I think they are hilarious. Benjamin, Leontus (Leon, mostly), Thomas and there was another with G, but not important. The most hilarious is Leon. I seriously like him! He remind me of Leon from The Covenant books and I like it. Benjamin is cool too, but not like Leon. The shopping scene was h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s. I laugh so much at that part and it seriously hurt. Then, we have Ash. He is not a bodyguard, but he acts like it. A broken werwulf that nobody cares about him, except Dru and then Christophe. He is very loyal to Dru and he even save her from vampires more than once. Surely, he do have a space of my heart for him. What about the Council? They are not bodyguards, duh! But they care for Dru's well being or at least almost all of them. I cannot talk for Kir or Anna. But Bruce, Hiro and Altan are very nice and cool.

Anna. No last name that I know of. She is villain of this book. The traitor. I did see this coming, though, so it was no surprise surprise. But she betrayed some people and some things that they were a surprise for me. She is a stupid bitch that don't know in how many problems she is into. She will be killed at the end, you will see. I do not have spoiled myself with this books, which is rare thing of me because I always do, but I'm certain that she will die at the end. I will be glad. She is the cause that Dru is having all those flashbacks, dreams and insecurities. Damn her! Dru thinks that everyone will left her behind and let's say the true almost everyone has. Except Christophe, who is always there, but not there, Augustine, who came back to her, and Ash which is a new acquisition. I will not talk about Graves, because I really don't want to spoil too much and I will not talk about other characters, because they are not that important for Dru.

Well, if you didn't follow my recommendation of not reading the first two books and you did read them. Maybe you will happy about it, because this book was very good. I really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!