Wednesday, July 10, 2013

[R] Secret Letters, by: Leah Scheier

Secret Letters
by: Leah Scheier

★★★★☆

Inquisitive and observant, Dora dreams of escaping her aristocratic country life to solve mysteries alongside Sherlock Holmes. So when she learns that the legendary detective might be her biological father, Dora jumps on the opportunity to travel to London and enlist his help in solving the mystery of her cousin's ransomed love letters. But Dora arrives in London to devastating news: Sherlock Holmes is dead. Her dreams dashed, Dora is left to rely on her wits-and the assistance of an attractive yet enigmatic young detective-to save her cousin's reputation and help rescue a kidnapped heiress along the way. 

Steeped in Victorian atmosphere and intrigue, this gripping novel heralds the arrival of a fresh new voice in young adult literature.

my thoughts
I swear that if I was rich, I would demand the author so she would rewrite that end.

Sherlock Holmes is dead and her daughter is in town. Mr. Porter and Peter Cartwright are the others investigators. This daughter is Dora Joyce, now orphan and trying to solve her cousin's problem. Something about a stolen letters of an old dead lover. To resolve this problem, she must work with Peter and at the same time they became aware that its linked to other case, which someone was kidnaped and maybe murdered. Dora must resolve that case and then her cousin's problem will be more than done. But she do not expect to fall in love with Peter, neither was he. 

Why I did not like the end? If it was a love story inside of this detective novel, why on earth they did not end together. I know that we can argued that maybe they did stay together, but it was not literally establish on the book, which pissed me off.

That's all I have to say. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!