Sunday, September 1, 2013

[R] Water, by: Terra Harmony

Water
(Akasha #1)
by: Terra Harmony

★★☆☆☆

Elemental powers in the palm of her hand...and it won't be enough to save her. When Kaitlyn Alder is involuntarily introduced to a life of magic, she becomes part of an organization hell-bent on saving the Earth. Just as her new-found life holds promises of purpose, romance, and friendship, the organization divides and a rogue member holds Kaitlyn hostage. Now one of the most terrifying men the human race has to offer stands between her and Earth's survival.


"All life comes from water." I think that's the motto of this book, but it only appears at the end, though. This book, story, characters and all is strange, for lack of better words. I did not like it that much, but I'm interested in knowing what happens next.

This story made me remember an old TV show called Captain Planet. If you compare them, you can find the similarities. The kids were users of different elements of the Earth. All of them combine make Captain Planet, which can be compared with the Gaia powers. Talking about all these powers in book was kind of confusing. Like, yes, they are trying to save the world with their powers and all, but everything was a mystery to Katie and she accepted like a gift in Christmas. Everything in the story escalated so fast and not in the good way. I can say that almost 65% of the book I was lost. Like I didn't know what I was reading, but I read more to understand better. I still have so many questions, but they will be answered in the sequels, right?

Characters. What about them? I didn't like Shawn, Micah is strange, but lovely, Alex is like a brother, Susan is like a good friend and I don't know what to think about Cato neither of Katie. I hate the relationship between Micah and Katie very much. They were sometimes on and others off. Get a grip and establish yourselves. They both feel something very strong so, why denied it? Accept it and live with it. All this thing about The Seven is off to me. I really don't like it. I don't know if its because not too good explained in the book or the thing that they are not a rich foundation, but its not my kind of type.

Honestly, I do not recommend the book, but I'm still reading the others to know what happens. Maybe they become more of my type.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!