Monday, September 23, 2013

[R] Fangirl, by: Rainbow Rowell

Fangirl
by: Rainbow Rowell

★★★★★

A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love.

Cath is a Simon Snow fan.

Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . . .

But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this?

Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?



This book is totally worth it to read and even more if you are a fangirl of any fandom. I must confess that I was, and I'm still one a little bit. I'm now a bookworm more. Anyway, so many people can be related to this book. The book, basically, explains how hard the life of a fangirl can be. Believe me, it can be tough. Even more if you write fanfiction and you are in college. Because there will be a moment that you will realize that those words are not real, that you are missing the real world. The change is inevitable, we must evolution from those girls to more grown people. We are missing life and that cannot continue like that. We are supposed to live.

The story is about this freshman year girl named Cather, but everyone calls her Cath. She have a twin sister, Wren, and they are going to the same college. The problem is that Wren doesn’t want to be roommate with Cath. All her problems begin with that, but soon follows the problem that she really doesn’t interacts with people, she don’t like people. She likes to write in her laptop a lot of Simon Snow fanfiction. You can compare Simon Snow with Harry Potter, like for real. Cath’s roommate, Reagan, is 3 years older than her and she haves this really cute bff/ex-boyfriend called Levi. Reagan and Levi are always “bothering” Cath, like asking her to go out with them or things. Now, attending to college, plus family problems and writing fanfiction is not an easy life for Cath. Her life becomes more and more hard while the time is running. So much that she nearly gave up with all.

The best thing about all the book is no matter how lonely Cath felt, there was someone for her. Levi, and sometimes Reagan. Life can be really tough, but there is someone there for you.

As I was saying up there, this book can be related to anyone who grow up with books, especially with the Harry Potter books. I must confess that I have never read any of them, but I did grow up with them everywhere. I can related to the parts of writing fanfiction, you will not read them, and thinking only about those books with other fans. Something I really hate is being… I don’t know how to say this… when people see that like a freak because you read some books and you like them so much that you can’t talk about other thing. Yes, I was like that. Not anymore because I have read so much and I like so many books that I can talk almost about everything. I’m no fangirl anymore, though I know their language and how they express… I’m more like a bookworm. I treasure all the books I read and they are in my memory forever.

Cath is such an awesome character. All the awards for Rainbow Rowell! Write me in on every book of her. Eleanor and Park was very sweet and Attachments was perfect. I want to read every book of her, so go on Mrs. Rowell and write a lot more. I will be there to buy them all.

Do I recommend this book? What kind of question is this one? Did you read all the paragraphs above? Then, I don’t know why you asking me this. Just… go and read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!