Tuesday, September 17, 2013

[R] Untold, by: Sarah Rees Brennan

Untold
(The Lynburn Legacy #2)
by: Sarah Rees Brennan

★★★★½

Free from bonds, but not each other.

It’s time to choose sides… On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.

But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be?


Do you know how big is the galaxy, right? Well, that’s how big my frustration after reading this book. I had so many high hopes for this book, and it didn’t let me down, but the end was so turn down. I’m feeling like having a depression. For real. Everything was so pretty, not all but whatever, and at the end… BAAM! Tragedy happens.

Untold begins where Unspoken left us, a little more ahead, but not too far. We still suffering the end of Unspoken. Jared and Kami are not friends anymore. No matter what she thinks and what he says, they still have feelings for each other and they care. That’s what basically I saw in the whole book until page 278 (in my book), where they make out and say “I love you” and all. I really love that chapter. I never thought of reading a make out session between Jared and Kami like that. I really, really love it.

Things that I think are off in this book and about the end: (YUP, SPOILERS)
  • Ash/Kami’s “relationship” = there is nothing between them, Ash wants to, but Kami HAVE feelings for Jared. Thumbs up for Kami, because she didn’t let her mind interfere with her feelings. But it was very off to add the drama between them. You know I hate love triangles, but this one is not so much a triangle. I still hate it, though. Nothing against you, Ash, but you deserve my hate. *smiles*
  • Kami’s dad “depression” = could you explain me why he feel so depressed? I know that it’s very fair to be angry at Kami’s mom, but hello! Be angry at her and don’t forget about that your family need you. Kami need you. While Kami is struggling, he was crying in his mom tomb. Oh, please! Get a grip.
  • Angela/Holly’s off and on relationship = if this relation was more serious, I would ship it very hard. I still do, but… hell! Get a freaking grip and make them be together. One time Holly is “lovely” with Angie, the other time she is trying to stay away and other times she is making out with Ash, Rusty or Jared (that’s another point). I hate seeing a homosexual person being denied by other people. They don’t deserve it.
  • Holly’s make outs = you serious, SRB? I still don’t understand why she kiss Ash or Rusty or even why she make out with Jared and he lets her. I totally hate that part and much more when Kami came in.
  • Telling feelings = why does everyone in this book don’t want or can’t talk about their feelings. Kami don’t want to be weak and tell how much she needs Jared. No matter how much Jared say it to her. Kami’s dad can’t talk about what he feels about magic and his family of “sources”. And at the beginning, Jared was always lying of how he felt about Kami. Ugh, stupid people.
  • Kami/Jared’s end = not end, end… what I meant was how they stood when the book end. Much to tell, I didn’t like the end. Not even a little bit, but *sighs* oh well. I really like Kami’s attitude to “find” Jared. But I hate Jared’s idea of just conform with her memory and accept the darkness. Though, I want to know where he is.
  • Rosalind’s death = just… why kill her? I don’t have idea why, for real.
I totally really recommend these books. The Lynburn Legacy are such great books! Waiting very excited for the last book, which we don’t have publication date (only 2014) and we don’t have neither sypnosis nor book cover. Only the title, Unbroken. Which is very accurate for Jared’s state. I just want a happy ending, is that too much to ask? I hope not. Please, SRB, make me happy and make them happily ever after, with babies and all. Please? With cherries on top? PLEASE!

PS, Rusty is my favorite character. Hands up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!