Saturday, September 14, 2013

[Short Review] The Spring Before I Met You, by: Sarah Rees Brennan

The Spring Before I Met You 
(The Lynburn Legacy #0.25)
by: Sarah Rees Brennan

★★★★★

This story introduces us to one of the main characters of Unspoken, Jared Lynburn. Seeing him as the broken, dangerous, closed-off teenager that he appears to be from the outside allows us to anticipate all of the insight we'll have into his character when we get inside his head--which we will, since he's the heroine's "imaginary friend."

Very strange. I got no other word to describe the story. It was not lovely, nor happier, but neither was a tragedy, kind of sad but no more. Strange because it doesn't have a known character POV. The story takes place before Unspoken, so we got a young teacher counselor making her POV.

Hearing about Jared from other person is not new, but hearing from someone that he did not talk in the head is new. Mariel, the counselor, is a paint teacher too, but she got to meet Jared by being her counselor. He did not talk much, but the strange thing is that he did talk. But only of Kami, his supposed imaginary friend which we know that she is more real than snow. He talks about her feeling so happy that I was sad all over again after the end of Unspoken. I still denying the fact that they are not connected anymore and that they didn't end in good terms at the end. Its sad to see a old relationship crumbs like that.

I discover another thing. The Lynburn family didn't know of Jared's existence! I was not aware of that fact. I don't know what I thought, but that was never in my mind. *sighs* Read this story. Its short and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!