Sunday, September 15, 2013

[Short Review] The Summer Before I Met You, by: Sarah Rees Brennan

The Summer Before I Met You
(The Lynburn Legacy #0.5)
by: Sarah Rees Brennan

★★★★★

“Take care of your spirit, Kami,” said Megumi. “And don’t burn the place down.” 

Kami grabbed both the suitcases and headed for the cabin she was sharing with Liz and Angela. Liz walked with her, and on their way Kami stopped.

“My Sobo was exaggerating,” she said earnestly. “There have been very few fires.”
Same as The Spring Before I Met You, but this story is a happy one. You could say that everyone was happy at the end. We see POV from someone that did not appear in Unspoken, neither mentioned. Lily, whose last name is more long than a river, make a cricket camp with around of 30 kids. Kami and Angela are there to help her, more Kami than Angela though.

Its a funny story and happy one too, as I said. The camp was very active and funny. Except of the part when Kami's Sobo died. In Unspoken she is already dead, but seeing how she was with Kami and then knowing how Kami felt when her Sobo died was sad. At least she had Jared with her to console her. I keep saying that the end of Unspoken was the worst. I want them together not alone by each other. Ugh. Guess that I need to read Untold to know.

I recommend this short story. Its funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!