by: Veronica Roth
5 of 5 stars
More Four! Fans of the Divergent series by #1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth will be thrilled by "The Transfer," the first of four new short stories told from Four’s perspective. Each brief story explores the world of the Divergent series through the eyes of the mysterious but charismatic Tobias Eaton, revealing previously unknown facets of his personality, backstory, and relationships.
- Aptitude Test Day – They both were “helped” by Tori. She gave them the test and some “comments”. When they (Tris & Tobias) got their results, they went alone to their houses and in the way, they passed the Factionless area. While there, they both find this factionless guy. I’m beginning to think if it’s the same one for both, but we don’t know for real. Like, why Tris and Tobias found themselves in Factionless area after their aptitude test?
- The Factionless guy – Now, let’s talk about this encounter with more detail. If you compare Tris and Tobias stories, both (or maybe the same one) factionless guys talk about different things, but they have something in common. The Choosing Day. Both recommend them to choose very well.
- Choosing Ceremony – They were very aware that being in Abnegation was not an option. Not for Tobias, and neither for Tris, no matter what she said I know that she was not for Abnegation. Both choose Dauntless. Great choice!
- Stiff thingy – Not a surprise, both were called ‘stiff’ until they became ‘someone with name’. The difference is that Tobias did not care about it, in the beginning. But Tris didn’t like that well, but nothing she can do stopped that.
- I wonder if Tobias thoughts about leaving Dauntless and being Factionless years later (in Divergent book) has something to do about this meeting with the Factionless guy. I mean, I know it was thanks to Tris that he didn’t go, but before that. Maybe this “meeting” has something to do too.
- It’s very shocking to know why, like the very exact reason, of why Tobias left Abnegation and become Dauntless. It was his only and true choice. He cannot choose Amity because he was too broken to find peace there. Neither Candor, because he thought that ventilating his biggest secrets about his father was not the solution. Abnegation was a no no, for obvious reasons and Erudite was not for him because he is too volatile to be there with all the nerds.
- About not saying the name… Applause for Tobias, Tori and Amar (I will talk about him later)! I clap for Tobias because it was very genius of not saying the name, I’m proud. Tori and Amar, I clap for them because they did know his real name, but did not say anything. Clap, clap, and clap!
- Amar! Oh my God. I swear that I love him and I really don’t know why he doesn’t appear in Divergent or Insurgent. Did he die? Veronica Roth, you will kill him in another short story, right? Damn woman! Stop killing my faves. I love him even more when I noticed that it was him who named Tobias with the “Four” name. Genius! Four fears. *thumbs up for Amar*
- We meet someone people for Divergent and Insurgent! Like Tori, Eric and Zeke. Tori… I already talk about her. Zeke introduces himself and it’s the first person to jump to the net. Sadly, Tobias was the last one. Now, Eric is very… Erudite. He thinks he knows everything and I seriously ask myself why he transfer to Dauntless, but then I imagine already why. The master plan of Jeanine, tada! I hate him and even more when everyone thought that he was someone dangerous and he kind of is, but hell! Tris beats him, so he is not invincible.
- Four Fears:
- The “you fucking kidding me?” time! Which involves Marcus all the way. I just hate Marcus so much and I found all his lines of this short story very fucking hilarious, but not in the funny involvement, more like… if I need to choose between cry and laugh, I will choose laugh. I cannot express how much hate I feel inside me towards Marcus. Like I said, he is the fourth fear of Tobias landscape. The fear of being beaten until blackout is so scary that I just scared myself. Something I didn’t understand is why so many Marcus? With just one was freaking scary, with a lot more was a fucking nightmare.
- “The man whose knuckles I know better than his embrace.”
- “Beautiful things always do.”
- “This is for your own good.”
- “My name is Four,” I said. “Call me ‘stiff’ again and you and I will have a problem.”
- “Someone who’s finally ready to fight. Four.”