Sunday, September 1, 2013

Paper Towns - By: John Green

Paper Towns
by: John Green

5 of 5 stars

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life - dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues - and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer Q gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.

my thoughts

You know, when I read this book for the first time I was pissed, but now that I read it for the second time, I'm even more. But there is something different. I have hope. Hope for a better end. I mean, not that John Green will do an altertative ending or anything, but hope the characters will have a pretty life after this end. I know its silly to think like that. But if you are a bookworm, like me, or a reader that always live every book like a reality, then you should understand the feeling. Hope is better than nothing at all.

This book is so hilarious. Ben, Radar & Q's jokes are epic. Like, "do you remeber the time that we didn't die?" scene or even Ben's "I need to pee" scenes. Every single scene goes with the story. I kind of have my questions for the end, but I still love the book, the story and the characters. I do not have a favorite, but if I need to choose, I pick Ben. He made me laugh my ass off too many time for not to pick him. I like Radar's parents black santas collections too and Q's miserable jokes, but I love Ben more. Margo & Q is not a typical couple, not that I wish them to be, but I do not chose that as favorite. Margo is a mystery, but just a girl. Same as Q, but a boy and not a mystery. He is very clear, like water. A paper boy in a paper town with paper friends, but he is different. He can live and forget to be a paper boy. Thumbs up for Q!

I cannot say what the story taught me, but I certainly learn something that I cannot point. I fully recommend the book. It's an excellent story with a lot of meaning. Give it a try and you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!