Monday, August 26, 2013

The Darkest Minds - By: Alexandra Bracken

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1)
by: Alexandra Bracken

5 of 5 stars

When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government “rehabilitation camp.” She might have survived the mysterious disease that’s killed most of America’s children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control.

Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones.

When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. Now she’s on the run, desperate to find the one safe haven left for kids like her—East River. She joins a group of kids who escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can’t risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents.

When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at a life worth living.

my thoughts

Why on earth this book end like this? That was my thought when I immediately finish it. I did not believe it, I couldn't. Is so hard to think about it right now. About all. Thank God, that the next book will be out soon and that there is a short story out, In Time, which I will read right now.

Basically the book is totally worth it. Reading it was very awesome. I didn't want to put it down, but I did because of reasons. The books is pure action. It escalated quickly... so quickly that I got lost some times and that confused me. But I'm okay, I understood everything, no matter if I didn't want to (like the end). I love so much the characters. My favorites were Liam (Lee), Charles (Chubs) and Suzume (Zu). I cannot say why I didn't like Ruby, I just didn't. I related myself with Chubs, like the nerd, the one who always have hope, but he knows the reality of the situation. Zu is very sweet, I sort of cry after she leave with that group. About Lee, he is a complicated character. I dunno, I cannot describe him fully. But he is of those people, and I kind of quote the book, that always is trying to see the good part of people no matter if the person have a knife and he certainly blames himself that the other person have the knife. He is kind of romantic, is super funny, but no matter what he is protective and selfless.

This kids have super powers, like super super powers. The government divide them in colors. Green is for smart kids, like photographic memory, good with numbers and all. Blue is for kids that can move stuff, like move object from point A to point B and the object goes flying. Yellow is for the kids that can control electricity and that they sort of have energy inside them, so they can shoot you with it (or that's what I caught about them). Yellow is for the kids that have mind control powers, like they can order you to do stuff, feel things or anything. Red, the most dangerous by the government, are the fire users, like they can blow up things and make fire from nothing. If you ask me, I would be a Red one or a Yellow one, those are totally worth it.

I end this saying that if you pass the opportunity to read this book... you are a dumbass. Its a freaking, awesome, perfect and full of action book. So, go and read it, because I totally recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!