Wednesday, January 31, 2018

[Review] The Last Star, by: Rick Yancey

The 5th Wave #3

THE LAST STAR

by: Rick Yancey
Publication Date: May 24th, 2016
Read Date: January 31th, 2018
Genre: Fantasy, Dystopian, Young Adult
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 338

 

The enemy is Other. The enemy is us.

They’re down here, they’re up there, they’re nowhere. They want the Earth, they want us to have it. They came to wipe us out, they came to save us.

But beneath these riddles lies one truth: Cassie has been betrayed. So has Ringer. Zombie. Nugget. And all 7.5 billion people who used to live on our planet. Betrayed first by the Others, and now by ourselves.

In these last days, Earth’s remaining survivors will need to decide what’s more important: saving themselves…or saving what makes us human.

my rate


I'm so mad. I'm still thinking how to rate this book. I wanted to throw it across the room (but the book is the library's, so I refrain to do so). I got so many bad memories from Allegiant that is not even funny. I do not accept how everything came to be. What have I done? Oh, God. I was so good without this series.

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE FIRST TWO!!!

This book in a nutshell. Vosch spilled the beans. The "Others" are not so much that. But there are indeed aliens. Everyone was brainwashed. Wow. The biggest plot twist in the last book. Now Ringer is part of them and her personal mission is killing Evan Walker, so the truth doesn't come out. When Evan Walker is back in Vosch's hands, Cassie has to rescue him. This is like a cycle all over. Then the end comes, which I will NOT spoil, but it wasn't pretty.

Did I mention before that I hated Ringer POV? No? Well, I did. I hated every time her part came up in this book, but she had information that no one else had, so it was... informative. Zombie's POV was a bunch of thoughts put together, it made me sick, but I loved it. Cassie's POV was my favorite. She said everything like it was and sometimes it was funny. But I hated her last chapter. The other POV's were blah. You could say that all these characters grew up because the war was upon them, but I am so annoyed of how everything ended that I cannot even think of them right now.

How everything came up to be? Something fucked, let me tell you. I am NOT going to criticize why/how this author wrote his story like he did, but I have to say that it was not my favorite AT ALL. You don't get to shot me in the leg and then tell me something like at least I have another to support myself good enough. You shot me in the leg, so might as well shot my heart. I'm so broken right now. I feel like I felt at the end of Divergent series and that is nothing good. I swore off reading anything else by that author and now I'm swearing off anything else from this one.

Sorry, but this doesn't fly for me. I encourage anyone to read the series because it was a good one. Way better than Divergent, but beware that your heart will be broken and to mend it, you'll only have a band-aid. So, because of that, I'm rating it two stars. That is my piece.

past reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!