Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Book Issues [13] - HELP, I have a library card and I'm not afraid to use it!

I created this to basically ramble about any problem related to books that I have and that maybe you do too. Hope you like reading the following issue...

Book Issue #13 - HELP, I have a library card and I'm not afraid to use it!

I have said that I work in a library before, an Elementary School library to be specific... but now I have found that I love the public library that my town has and I have a library card. HELP! What to do when you can borrow how many books you want, but at the same time, you are not reading them in the time the library established? Someone take away my card, please.

When I lived back in Puerto Rico, there were no public libraries. I had to either buy the book or borrow from friends. Now, I live in Texas, where public libraries do exist (there's two around me) and I'm going crazy because they have good books, but I cannot read them all at the same time. I went through shelves and shelves of YA books and I wanted them all.

The good thing is that I can take them all. The bad thing is I only have 21 days to read them all, so no, I cannot take them all. I don't even think they fit on my car. Somehow I chose three, but my problem now is that SOMEHOW I HAVE BECOME A SLOW READER. I blame the book, but yet again I blame myself. I also have been thinking of going back to the library to get more books, I have stopped myself every time because let's be serious, I haven't read the last three I checked out.

I'm seriously rambling just now because my blog is the only place that I can ramble freely and almost no one notices. I know there are at least five people that read me, my mom is not included (she doesn't know much English, thank God). So yeah, this is my issue! I have a library card, I am not afraid to use BUT I need to be afraid, dammit. I really don't want to pay fines (they scare me), so my solution is that I need to get my head outta my ass and read these three books BEFORE getting other three more out (that will be my max unless there's a graphic novel).

Do you have a library card problem? Will you ramble with me? Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!