Wednesday, January 24, 2018

[Review] The Infinite Sea, by: Rick Yancey

The 5th Wave #2

THE INFINITE SEA

by: Rick Yancey
Publication Date: September 16th, 2014
Read Date: January 24th, 2018
Genre: Dystopia, Young Adult
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 300

 

How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.

Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.

my rate


The first book of this trilogy, and its movie, was so much better than this book. I liked the book, but I hated reading it. I could have read this book in one just sitting if I was interested as I was in my bedroom's roof. This tends to happen A LOT with trilogies, series, and sort. The second book always sucks but without it there no base from the epic conclusion, or so I am hoping.

We know what happened, the base blew up or better said, Evan Walker blew it up so Cassie and the others could escape. We are left wondering what happened to all our fave characters. I have to confess that I barely remember much of the first book when I started reading this book, so the first chapters (which were in a character's POV that I didn't recognize until much later) I was totally LOST. When we got to Cassie's POV, everything clicked and when Evan's POV came, I remembered everything. After escaping the Others, this group of humans had to hide and find shelter from them, because the Others totally are coming after them. Evan made a promise to Cassie, he was totally going to keep it, but not everyone thought the same... until he appeared.

Reading various POV's made my head dizzy, but it gave me all the insight to judge them, or not. I was not a fan of Ringer, but now I just pity her. I thought Ben was a total douche, but now I just think he's a kid trying to survive. Cassie is still a total badass in my mind, but super scared of any outcome, and that makes her a true human. Evan is weird. Is like judging a person that judges himself because he's still trying to decide who or what he is. Poundcake was my broken heart that never will be repaired again. HE WENT TO DUBUQUE, and I cry because of that. (You'll understand after you read the book, bwhaha).

Really, I don't judge that this book was kind of boring, not much action and confusing until everything clicked. It always happens in the second book. I enjoyed it still. My final judgment will come after I finish the next, and last, book. Then I will say if reading this book was worth it, even if finishing the series was worth it. I leave you with this... In this series, not everything is what it seems, so if this book sucked, maybe what comes after is pure bliss. I'll keep my mind open and you should too.

last review


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!