Sunday, January 14, 2018

[Review] Starflight, by: Melissa Landers

Starflight #1

STARFLIGHT

by: Melissa Landers
Publication Date: February 2nd, 2016
Read Date: January 14th, 2018
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 362

 

Life in the outer realm is a lawless, dirty, hard existence, and Solara Brooks is hungry for it. Just out of the orphanage, she needs a fresh start in a place where nobody cares about the engine grease beneath her fingernails or the felony tattoos across her knuckles. She's so desperate to reach the realm that she's willing to indenture herself to Doran Spaulding, the rich and popular quarterback who made her life miserable all through high school, in exchange for passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith.

When a twist of fate lands them instead on the Banshee, a vessel of dubious repute, Doran learns he's been framed on Earth for conspiracy. As he pursues a set of mysterious coordinates rumored to hold the key to clearing his name, he and Solara must get past their enmity to work together and evade those out for their arrest. Life on the Banshee may be tumultuous, but as Solara and Doran are forced to question everything they once believed about their world—and each other—the ship becomes home, and the eccentric crew family. But what Solara and Doran discover on the mysterious Planet X has the power to not only alter their lives, but the existence of everyone in the universe...

my rate


Can someone explain to me why I didn't read this book before? Is being on my bookshelf for almost two years and I haven't even touch it. I have to admit that it was one of the few books that moved with me from Puerto Rico to Texas, and now I don't regret it at all. The book is also signed, so there's that.

Space. Bad guys that are actually good guys. Romance. A family inside the crew. This book had a perfect combination and I couldn't put it down. I loved every chapter of it. It was action all over the place, but it included little snippets of romance inside (which was my favorite). All the characters in this book are like a family, not always happy with each other, but a family still. It was funny too!

Solara. She kind of reminds me of Cinder, from The Lunar Chronicles. She was a genius mechanic that fell in love with a "royal" bad boy. Doran was the boy. He's rich, but somehow he fell on the wrong side of the law and now is a bad boy. These two have more things in common than what they think, and that's why they are the greatest partners of this ship crew, aka the Banshee. These two are also alike with Cassia and Kane. They never stop bickering with each other, but they certainly cannot live without the other. Next book will be a ride with these two. I also loved the Captain and Remy, and I'm terribly sad of the fallout that happens at the end (I swear, no spoilers).

This book also threw me a curve ball! When the plot twist came, I was ready for it, but it wasn't what I was thinking so kudos to the author. Still, the book was super cool read and I recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!