Sunday, January 7, 2018

#ReviewsInFewWords [5]

Now, this is the type of post in where I type short reviews of books that I read a long time ago or books that I forgot to review once I was finished with them. I got a long list of books, so I will divide into different posts and post them once in a while. Anyways, I might not remember much of them, but how they made me feel will always stay within myself, right? I hope so because here goes nothing.
BLAST TO THE BEGINNING: YOUNG ADULT

  
  

PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS

by: Rick Riordan

#1 The Lightning Thief
Publication Date: March1st, 2006
#2 The Sea of Monsters
Publication Date: April 1st, 2006
#3 The Titan's Curse
Publication Date: May 5th, 2007
#4 The Battle of the Labyrinth
Publication Date: March 6th, 2008
#5 The Last Olympian
Publication Date: May 5th, 2009
Read Date: September - November 2009
Genre: Fantasy, Greek Mythology, Middle Grade
Format: Paperback
Total of Pages: 1,716

 

my overall rate


These books, these books take a spot in my life very dear. These books made started the life I now have, the life of a bookworm. They might not have been what actually started in the first place, but these were the beginning. I couldn’t believe myself when the first book came to my hands. I was so giddy. I wanted to read it all in one sitting, but alas I couldn’t because they were in English and I had to take my sweet time understanding what the hell everything said. You see, I was not good in English, but that didn’t stop me. I read them all in the span of one year and that was my biggest accomplishment back them.

I remember absorbing all the information as if I was a sponge. I remember loving so much the Greek mythology inside of it that I became kind of an expert in it. I wanted to know everything and kind of did. I was in tenth grade, but I wanted to be like Percy or Annabeth. I wanted to be a demigod and train in Camp Half-Blood. I remember when the movies came out and I was a little disappointed, but they were finally movies and I was stoked. I didn’t like them much, but I put faces in characters that I loved.

Rick Riordan is one of my top ten authors, kind of obvious, right? I know that no matter how old I am, I will still read his new books. I will always hold dear Percy Jackson and the Olympians. These books are not only for kids, if you really like fantasy, go ahead and give it a try. You will never regret it.

   

THE MAZE RUNNER

by: James Dashner

#0.5 The Kill Order
Publication Date: August 24th, 2012
#1 The Maze Runner
Publication Date: October 6th, 2009
#2 The Scorch Trials
Publication Date: October 12th, 2010
#3 The Death Cure
Publication Date: October 11th, 2011
Read Date: November 2012
Genre: Fantasy, Dystopian, Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Total of Pages: 1,398

 

my overall rate:


What gave me the impulse of buying these three books in just one click? I don’t know. (Have to insert here that it was a little after that I actually bought The Kill Order). I really remember the time I started reading the first book. My gramps had to go to a doctor’s appointment and I had to drive him. I knew it was going to take a couple of hours inside the doctor’s office, so I took the book and keep going. Immediately I opened the book and started reading, it was like the whole world collapsed and I was alone reading this incredible story. I went page after page after page until I was already halfway into and my gramps was telling me we could already go.

After that everything is a blur. I remember snippets when I was reading and how much I laughed or screamed angry at the book. I almost shed a tear for Newt. I definitely remember feeling like the end wasn’t my favorite, but I liked the journey so much that I accepted it. I remember finishing The Death Cure and feeling so curious about what started it all and I went, bought The Kill Order and read it. The whole world was so good constructed that I want more at that time. Sadly, I don’t think I can keep more with anything that has come out nowadays.

Right now those books lay on a bookshelf of a dearest friend that gave them a home and devoured them in one sitting and more than one time. I recommend the books, but if you don’t want to read them and just see the movie, I’m okay with that. The movies don’t have everything the book has but is a close enough.

  

HUSH, HUSH

by: Becca Fitzpatrick

#1 Hush, Hush [review here]
#2 Crescendo
Publication Date: October 19th, 2010
Read Date: December 22nd, 2012
#3 Silence
Publication Date: October 4th, 2011
Read Date: December 22nd, 2012
#4 Finale
Publication Date: October 23rd, 2012
Read Date: December 23rd, 2012
Genre: Fantasy, Angels, Young Adult
Total of Pages: 1,123

 

my overall rate:


OH MY GOD! This series. I remember all my feeling with this series. There’s too much coming into my mind right now that I guess this lines will just be ramblings. In the beginning, I remember being so intrigued with Patch. I was a coming-to-age teenager going to my new adult stage, I wanted a guy like Patch in my life. I remember him being all dark, hot and… gosh, I wanted to be Nora. Then I noticed he was a fallen angel and damn, I wanted more.

But sadly that I remember most of this series is I slowly going down the excitement. Everything in the story got tangled up so bad that I didn’t even know what kind of story I was reading. I don’t even remember what happened! I just know that the world Nephilim was thrown around, and I was very familiar with that term thanks to Cassandra Clare. I was intrigued, but I was so out of being committed to finishing the series. At the end, I read it all. I barely remember how it ended and if I was happy with it.

Somehow I gave all the stars to these books, so I’ll just let it be like that. I don’t remember what I was thinking back them, so whatever. I have to admit that the covers are amazingly beautiful, my favorites being Hush, Hush, and Silence. I cannot recommend something that I don’t remember much, so there’s that.

PS, after writing all those lines, I found that I already reviewed the first book, so that's a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!