Thursday, April 27, 2017

[Review] Taming Lily, by: Monica Murphy

The Fowler Sisters #3

TAMING LILY

by: Monica Murphy
Release Date: July 7th, 2015
Read Date: April 27th, 2017
Format: eARC *provided by Netgalley*
Pages: 321

I’m in trouble. Again. And instead of facing my problems head on, I’ve run away. Far away this time, and no one can catch me—not my two younger sisters, Violet and Rose, not my father, my grandmother, or that witch Pilar who wants to take control of my family’s cosmetics company. Now I’m in Hawaii, enjoying the sun and the sand and water, where nobody knows the hot mess known as Lily Fowler. And I’m loving every minute of it.

But someone is watching me. Following me. He’s gorgeous. And soon we’re talking, and against all my instincts, I reveal bits and pieces of myself to Max. It feels good, though I know he can’t be the man for me. These sudden feelings we share are way too complicated, too fraught, too intense.

Then everything explodes and I’m forced to return home. My intentions have always been true, but now everyone’s mad at me. I don’t know who to turn to anymore . . . except to Max. He’s who I want to trust. But I’m not so sure I should. Maybe it’s worth the risk—and what-ifs be damned. . . .

MY RATE


I finally finish this series! I'm a little bit let down after it too. I was hoping to an awesome finish for this series, but it was totally not. I'm disappointed that I had high hopes in the beginning when I knew the series wasn't very good. Taming Lily was just as the first book, good nothing more. It thought that after the second book being a little bit better, this one was going to sweep the others, but that wasn't the case.

This is the scenario. The oldest sister of the Fowler's is running... something scared her and before she faces on the problem, she takes a vacation. Lily thinks that no one will find her in Hawaii and that the sun, sand and water will make her worries go away. Wrong. Someone is constantly watching her, trying to get near and take the very thing she kept when she ran away. Max is handsome and makes her feel like nothing she has felt before, but she is his assignment. Can someone understand that you cannot involve your heart when work matters?

Lily is the oldest, but I swear that she acts like she was the younger one. From the beginning of the series we are told that she is running loose and she brings shame to the family. In this book, I try to get her, but I really thought that everything was major BS, I swear. She likes to do whatever she wants, for attention and sometimes because she can. Lily wants Max and vice versa, but even though they are the perfect couple, things crash most of the time... just to end in sex.

The book was totally meh, but I liked how it ended for these two. BUT I hated how it ended for all of them. I wanted for the evil witch to pay, but nothing happened. She made threats, and only got fired. It was a shitty solution for a problem that has been happening since the beginning of the series. I didn't like it at all. If I could rate the whole series, it would be three stars, nothing more. The series was just okay, nothing more.

 

LAST REVIEWS

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!