Monday, April 10, 2017

[Review] Retreat, by: Jay Crownover

Getaway #1

RETREAT

by: Jay Crownover
Release Date: December 28th, 2016
Read Date: April 9th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 364

Every once in a while, you need to get away from it all.

I was a woman on the edge, shaken and shattered after a breakup that felt like it tore my entire world apart.

My best friend, sick of watching me drown in misery and melancholy, harassed me until I agreed to go with her on a week-long wilderness retreat.

She promised days spent bonding and getting in touch with our inner bad-asses.
It was supposed to be all about the two of us roughing it and making do with the bare minimum. She assured me we were going to be pushed to our limits in ways that were unimaginable. Neither one of us could have ever guessed just how right she was.

Nowhere in the glossy brochure did it say anything about the fact I was going to have to battle the insufferable but deliciously rugged and sexy trail guide instead of the elements. The brochure also forgot to mention the part that warned when you left civilization behind, there was no place to pack your inhibitions and fears.

I was told that I would be facing a week where the only thing I should expect was the unexpected. However, no one mentioned that I was going to have to fight for my life…and my heart as soon as I ventured into the unknown.

I was a pro at hiding from my feelings but when it came time to face a real threat, one that could change everything, I learned I was more of a no surrender, no retreat kind of girl.

Retreat is a standalone novel, the first in the Getaway series which centers on the hardheaded and brokenhearted Warner brothers and the women that dare to love them.

These boys are very good at putting the wild in wilderness.

MY RATE


Holy cow! I have always, always loved cowboys, so a book of Jay Crownover that includes them was like winning the jackpot. This book came out of nowhere, because no one was waiting for it, but it blew everyone away, so I had to read it. I blew my mind, I want more and I want it now. So, let me wait to December *whines emoticon*.

These two girls wanted a cowboy experience and they do got it with guns, adventure, life or death and all. Cy is my kind of man, jezz, but Lane has me in my toes. These cowboys are like angels sent from heaven to ruin me. Something like that happened to Leo (who is a girl, don't assume a character's gender by the name). Leo is the typical city girl, but with a cowgirl inside, that she doesn't really know it until much further in the book. She signed up for this trip and it changed her life literally. I love all of it, really, but I hated the missing pieces, which I will fit in the second book, but still.

The book took a turn that I never knew it was going to take and the problem got bigger as the chapters when on and on. I even got scared at points, but everyone came through just not whole. I suffer for Ems and Sutton. I just want to read their book asap.

You like cowboys and what not? Read this book. You like plain romance with a little tons of action? Read this book. There is nothing much to say, just thanks to the author.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!