Sunday, February 18, 2018

#ReviewInFewWords [7]

Now, this is the type of post in where I type short reviews of books that I read a long time ago or books that I forgot to review once I was finished with them. I got a long list of books, so I will divide into different posts and post them once in a while. Anyways, I might not remember much of them, but how they made me feel will always stay within myself, right? I hope so because here goes nothing.
-I REVIEWED SOME OF YOU, BUT NOT YOU-
Story of My Life

  
The Mortal Instruments
#3 CITY OF GLASS
Publication Date: March 24th, 2009
#4 CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS
Publication Date: April 5th, 2011
#5 CITY OF LOST SOULS
Publication Date: May 8th, 2012
Read Date: between 2015 and 2016
by: Cassandra Clare
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult
Format: ebook
Total of Pages: 1,499

 

my overall rate



I have tried. I have really tried to actually make individual reviews for these books, but lines blur together and I don't actually remember what scene is from which book. ::sighs:: Story of My Life. But I do can talk about these books in an overall sense. I treasure this series as much as I treasure the Percy Jackson series, The Hunger Games and the Twilight Saga. I grew up, in a bookworm sense, with these books. They made me the bookworm I am now and that always will be. City of Bones will always have a special place in my heart and so will be the rest of the books in the series.

Back in the days when I read City of Glass (CoG), I didn't know what the orignal plan was to end it with that book, so I was having this feeling of conclusion in the book even though I knew there were two more after this and one more coming soon. Then I find out and everything made sense. So, let me tell you my truth back then, that end was way better than the one the author gave us in the actual last book. In both we are left with unsolved things, but I was happier with Simon's end in CoG than in City of Heavenly Fire (CoHF), for reals. But that aside, CoHF was the shit.

Now about City of Fallen Angels (CoFA) and City of Lost Souls (CoLS), everything is blur together in my mind. I cannot make head from tails in my memories and I have also the problem that some scenes... well, I don't even know if they actually happened. I read so many fanfics about these books that I don't even know what REALLY happened. Let's just say that I loved the book so much and the next one was too far away to come out that I read this bunch of fanfic and then I forgot everything that really happened. I regret nothing.

Anyways, I loved the series. That I do remember, is not something I can actually forget. I would reread them, but I don't think I could these days. I'm also TRYING to read Lady Midnight as much as I can because I don't really want to give up, but the story is killing me slowly. The point is that Cassandra Clare is a good damn author that makes me feel more than I should. That's my piece.

Delirium
#1 DELIRIUM
Publication Date: February 3rd, 2011
#2 PANDEMONIUM
Publication Date: February 28th, 2012
Read Date: December, 2015
by: Lauren Oliver
Genre: Dystopian, Young Adult
Format: ebook
Total of Pages: 816

 

my overall rate



I remember when I started reading Delirium, it was awesome. The whole idea of love being ilegal and forbidden to the point to actually go through a procedure to remove the feeling from your body was something that I was very curious about. Love is a powerful weapon, so if you take it away from the people then you can do anything and everything possible.

Lena was not a good narrator. I adored Alex. He was the best male character that I have read in that point of my life, not counting Percy, Jace nor Peeta. Alex did everything possible in his hands to make Lena safe, but stab in the back when Lena found someone else to be entertainted. I hated the whole Julian thing in the second book because I HATE love triangles. But this was just low. I don't care that Lena thought that Alex was dead, when you truly LOVE someone you don't do this as quick as she did.

I loved the whole thing of giving love back to the people, or so I think that was one of the goals. I hated the ends of these two books because it had me bound to read the next even though I wasn't enjoying the course that the author was driving me to.

Overall, I loved the first book more than I loved the others or that is the feeling that I remember. My favorite quote might be the one that Lena remembered from her mother: "I love you. Remember, they cannot take it." Is something that I still remember and have inside myself, maybe forever.

Matched
#2 CROSSED
Publication Date: November 1st, 2011
#3 REACHED
Publication Date: November 13th, 2012
Read Date: April 2016
by: Ally Condie
Genre: Dystopian, Young Adult
Format: ebook
Total of Pages: 879

 

my overall rate



I have some cables crossed with this series. It happens a lot when you read so many Dystopians in the same month or weeks straight. I used to eat this shit straight up, no pauses. I regret not reviewing all these back in the day because now I have no clue how to describe these books. Back then I was not as a reviewer as I am now, so I don't blame myself.

Now, I remember more the first book of this series that the actual end. Apparently I really loved the end of the third, and last, book because in Goodreads I wrote: "THE PERFECT LOVE STORY". I don't even remember that I wrote that. Let me think what I do remember.

I think that the main character flew from "civilization" in search of I don't know what. I remember she reach some kind of desert and found some clues in a cavern. I remember a fire, but I don't know if all those files burnt. I remember she travel by river, but not sure. I remember a final battle, but I don't know what they were fighting for. Maybe the government. All dystopians are against that, so that's a safe bet. I remember that I was team Ky through and through, and that I didn't like Xander much.

Look, I don't think I can recommend this series, but I rated it very well so you might want to try it and see for yourself. Overall, I think I had a good time, so can you.

SHATTER ME
by: Tahareh Mafi
Publication Date: October 2nd, 2012
Read Date: December 29th, 2015
Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopia, Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Pages: 338

 

my overall rate



How can I do this review without giving my opinions of what happens later? TOUGH JOB, that's how. But I'll try.

I remember while I was reading this book thinking how much this girl looked alike to that girl with a white strike in her hair in X-Men. Then somewhere I read that this series really looked alike to X-Men and I was so onboard that they wouldn't kick me out of the train. I swore that Juliette was the best heroine that I have read at that point and that I wanted to be like her soooo bad. The author has a way to write that makes me wanna weep loudly, laugh like a maniac and get so angry that I want to throw stuff, particulary the book.

I remember loving Adam with all my heart and falling in love with Kenji so hard that I wanted him for myself. I remember hating Aaron a lot, but somehow thinking that there was something he was hiding and I wanted to know more. I'll stop right here because if I continue I might talk about things that aren't from this book.

Really guys, just read this book and the others. The best news is that there are MORE BOOKS coming and I just cannot wait. That's my piece.

Thanks for reading my awful ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!