Wednesday, February 14, 2018

[Review] Alasdair, by: Ella Frank

Masters Among Monsters #1

ALASDAIR

by: Ella Frank
Publication Date: October 13th, 2015
Read Date: February 12th, 2018
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, MM Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 330

 

A dangerous allure…

Alasdair Kyriakous is one of the most feared and ruthless vampires in existence. Bestowed eternal life by the Ancient Vasilios, his name carries much weight across the continents.
But he is a mystery to his kind, an anomaly among the self-indulgent. While he enjoys the pleasures of the flesh, he is exceptionally particular in who he takes them from, priding himself on his ironclad self-control.
Yet with one look, and one man, his control will become a thing of the past, and Alasdair will discover—eternal life doesn’t always last forever…

A deadly attraction…

Thrust into a world he never knew existed, Leo Chapel has awoken in his worst nightmare. One that is being orchestrated by the dangerously, mesmerizing vampire, Alasdair.
He’s taken him hostage, convinced that Leo is hiding something after he managed to incapacitate him, and has vowed to do whatever is necessary to discover what that is—even if Leo himself has no clue.

A forbidden desire that could destroy a race…

Brought together by a force neither are aware of, both Alasdair and Leo are ignorant that they are pawns to a higher power. All they know, is the more time they spend trying to uncover the others secrets, the stronger the attraction becomes.
But enemies are watching, from afar and from within, and when decisions that will alter lives and destinies have to be made—can a dead grey heart learn to beat again?

my rate


Look, I have conflicted feelings about this book. Ella Frank is my top ten author overall, but my top one author in MM Romance, so I'm totally disappointed that this book was not something that I'm much overjoyed about. Maybe it was the paranormal thing or maybe it was the freaking -kind of- threesome. WTF. Or MAYBE it was that I didn't find the romance at all, not even under the bed.

This is how it goes down... Alasdair is a vampire. While on the hunt for someone to "eat", he found Leonidas and even though he wants to suck his blood, he wants to devour him in other ways too. When the time comes for Alasdair to do finally do it, everything goes to shit. Leo is more than you can see. He only knows that he is human, but there's more to it and apparently, no one knows what. Things become more tangled when Vasilios come into the picture. Vasilios is the one that made Alastair a vampire and that bond is pretty important and unique. Vasilios is jealous AF. Alastair wants to devour Leo in every sense, but can't because it might be the end of him. Leo wants to steer clear of all this world, but he definitely wants to be part of Alasdair. You see this shit? It gets uglier, but you read the book if its something that floats your boat.

So, if you have read some of my reviews before, you KNOW that I'm very into a happy romance. In my book, this ain't a romance nor happy. I couldn't make heads from tails in this book and I'm afraid to continue the series. This book didn't have an end because it continues in the next book but focused in Isadora (which is in some deep shit now). Poor little Thanos got some seriously deep shit too. THIS BOOK CONCLUDED SHIT. This is my point.

Ella Frank is a good damn author, but this book was not my cup of tea. This story wasn't for me. This series might not be for me all. I think I'll call it quits. If from what I've said you think it might not be yours either, cool and if you still want to keep going, do so and then tell me if the end of the series is any good. That's my piece, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!