Monday, February 26, 2018

[Review] Toad, by: Cambria Hebert

Public Enemy #2

TOAD

by: Cambria Hebert
Publication Date: January 29th, 2018
Read Date: February 24th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Music, New Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 322

 

Aerie Boone is a toad.
At least according to every news outlet and online hater imaginable.

Accusations of lip-syncing.
Rumors of being dropped by my label.
Reports of celebrity feuds and rivalries.
And then there’s my personal favorite…
The pending annulment of a marriage I can’t even remember agreeing to.
When you’re the sweetheart of country music, being a headline is a given.
Living the headline is more of an uninvited surprise.
I’m barely recognized for the massive success I’ve had.
Now I’m famous because people love to hate me.
I’m a public enemy, but no one knows my side of the story.
I’m beginning to think it doesn’t even matter.
I’m burned out, hurting, and everyone thinks I have warts. Ew.
Becoming a shut-in is exactly what the doctor ordered.
Too bad my label has other ideas.
They send me a solution…
In the form of a red-haired, green-eyed man who wears sarcasm like armor.
I don’t want a stranger in my house.
I don’t want Nate.
All I want is to go back to a time when I wasn’t a toad.
When I was country music’s princess.
But going back is impossible.
Moving forward will change everything.

my rate


No secret that Cambria Hebert hooks me up whenever I start a book of her, no matter how predictable might be. I just love it and even though sometimes I know what might happen, it surprises me how she writes things and gives everything life of its own.

Public Enemy is a series that I hope that grows even more. For now, this is the second book and I just want more. Everything she writes a new protective man, I just fall right straight in love. Nate was not the exception. I know him from book one and I just knew he was such a sweetheart under all that sarcasm, which I totally love.

Aerie is in deep shit, no kidding and Nate might be the only person who can actually help her, but she refuses to trust another person because a lot of them have let her down. Nate have the toughest job, make her trust him. He wants her, bad and for good. These two cancel each other out in the most perfect way. She's totally serious when he is always kidding. She is totally reserve when he is totally out there. But both of them are way talented and their music is the best. The world might think she's a toad, but for Nate, she will always be his princess.

The story is super sweet. I might have early diabetes of how many sweet things I read overall. Cambria Herbert is a good damn author, so I recommend this book... I mean, the whole series and of all her other series.

last review


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!