Friday, December 6, 2013

[R] Anna Dressed in Blood, by: Kendare Blake

Anna Dressed in Blood
(Anna #1)
by: Kendare Blake

★★★★☆

Cas Lowood, armed with his late father's athame knife, kills ghosts. In Thunder Bay, Anna, forever 16, drips blood on her white dress from throat slit in 1958, and rips apart anyone who enters her house - except Cas. He makes new friends - high school queen Carmel, jock Will, admiring nerd Thomas and Tom's voodoo grandpa Morfran - to fight this demon.

Terrifying, but so lovely! The book is really worth reading for. It was in my "to-read" list for so that I can't remember. I thought to read it in October, but other books got in the middle. Now I got the chance, I took it and I don't regret it.

I don't love that sypnosis, so let's make mine. The book is about Thesius Cassio Lowood, aka Cas, life. His family line is compose by ghost hunters and when his father died by one, Cas became a ghost hunter. His mission is be more smart than his father, so one time he could revenge his dead. His life is constantly changing from one city to another, alonside his mom and a cat. This time he got to Thunder Bay, where Anna Dressed in Blood is "waiting" for him. He is going to kill her, but something happened in the middle that they fell in love and she saved his life instead of him killing her and sending her to "the other place."

Anna's story is totally a mystery, hell, she is the definition of mystery. No one, not even her knows what happened when she died. She doesn't even know why she keeps killing people who enter to the house where she was killed. Her MO was that when someone entered to the house it was going to be killed by her. So, what happened in 1958 that cause so many killings by her hand now?

Cas' life is more messy that you can imagine and even more the history behind the knife he yields. What made Anna so special that the same knife wouldn't go to her gut by Cas' hands? What's stopping him?

I never thought of reading a book so bloody or even about ghosts. I neither thought of reading a zombies book and I read Warm Bodies, but that was about love mostly, so... Anyway, why did I give 4 stars instead of 5 to this book? As you may know, I root for love. So when I saw the love in this one, I was happy, but then the love was very screwed up. I sort of want them together, but a ghost and a living person... that can be tough. I was disappointed of leaving my hopes to go up, I knew what it was coming and still got dissapointed. Still, I didn't like everything, but I love it all... hahaha. I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!