Saturday, November 30, 2013

[R] Beautiful Disaster & more, by: Jamie McGuire

Beatiful Disaster
(Beautiful #1)
by: Jamie McGuire

★★★★★

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

I really loved this book, and I didn't want it to finish. I knew there was another book, so I was happy. But when I noted that Walking Disaster was not a continuation, just Travis point of view, my hopes went out and... I didn't read it. I did read the Epilogue, haha. My thoughts about it at the end. Now, let's talk about this book.
"I know we're fucked up, alright? I'm impulsive, and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don't deserve you...but I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I loved anyone or anything ever. When you're around, I don't need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands..."
Travis, Travis... We begin to know him as the "fuckable" street fighter that Abby knows that is off-limits. He "bags" every girl who walks his way, like seriously. But he meets Abby, something changed. He tries to be friend of her and she agrees with him promising that he will not try to take her to his bed for sex. That's how their relationship begins, but love got in the middle. Travis had a sad childhood after his mother died and being raised by only boys made his skin very thick, but Abby soft him in so many ways.
“I need to hear you say it. I need to know you’re mine.”
“I’ve been yours since the second we met.”
How could Abby lied to herself during the whole book? I don't have a freaking clue. Her first lie was that she just wanted to be friends with Travis. Then, that she didn't notice how much Travis was falling for her. Another was that she didn't fall for him. During the whole book, that she can survive without him, which is totally a lie and we can see it. Lies, lies, Abby!
"He was afraid of nothing. Until he'd met me."
This is just an ordinary couple that struggles to make an "in-your-face" scenes over and over. They want to be together and no matter how many things got in the middle, they meet in each other's arms again. You can see that in the epilogue of Walking Disaster and also in the short story Mrs. Maddox, which I did read it.

I didn't read Walking Disaster, because I didn't feel like reading everything in Travis POV. I'm not saying that it was going to be bored or something, but I was no in the mood. Maybe someday I will buy the book and read it. I know that maybe I lost a bunch of parts that they weren't in the first book, but I still didn't read it. I did read the epilogue because of... hello! the freaking epilogue was the very end.

It was so sweet! Twins and a kid coming his way. Travis is a FBI agent and Abby is a math teacher. I felt to happy for them and I want to dance "in-your-face" dance with them too. The reading is totally worth it. I fully recommend it.
"We are a beautiful disaster."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!