Friday, November 1, 2013

[R] Layers Deep, by: Lacey Silks

Layers Deep
(Layers Trilogy #1)
by: Lacey Silks

★★★★★

He needs her to save a friend.
She needs him to plan her revenge.
Their pasts scar them Layers Deep.
Their passion distracts them...
...and distractions can be fatal.

Tristan Cross is battling emotional demons from the past. He lives in a world where trust is earned, loyalties are tested, and love is impossible. That is, until he meets Allie Green. She’s the only woman who can help him find a kidnapped friend and to top it off, she captivates him. All he has to do now is persuade her to work for Cross Enterprises, his top investigations firm.

Allie Green is a rookie cop seeking revenge and she’s willing to sell her soul to get it. With an opportunity to use Tristan Cross's resources Allie calculates her time for payback. As vengeance boils her blood she can’t keep her mind off her new boss and Allie finds it difficult to keep her employment professional. With the mouth watering Tristan Cross distracting her, she struggles to prioritize an undercover job she’s been assigned and her hunger for revenge.

And when you’re ready to give up your life to save someone else, distractions can be fatal.


Wait a minute… This book did not end like this! Please, tell me it didn’t. But, yes, it did. I don’t feel that bad of the end, because it could have been worse. Still a cliffhanger that I hate.

The book is hard for me to summarize, but I will try. Our main character is Allie Green, a cop with a focus mind in her job and in one solid thing. Kill a man that destroy her life and her mother’s. After that was out of line, thanks to Tristan Cross (our male main character), we begin an interesting journey. Allie is hired to an undercover job and Tristan is her boss. They fall in love (but somehow they do not tell each other) and their lives got tangled. The mission was very dangerous and almost took Allie’s life. That’s all I’m saying. I told you that I sucked at summarizing this book. I left out so many funny, interesting and hot scenes that I’m ashamed.

As I said, the book end with a cliffhanger. This is one is not that tough, at least for me. I really don’t want to spoil you, but it’s hard not to. She got pregnant and when she was going to tell him, he said that she is fired first. I don’t know what to think about that end. I do hope so that the conversation continues in the next book, because if not then I will be pissed. They love each other! They look so good as a couple and they are going to have a baby (he doesn’t know for now, but still).

It’s obvious that I really want the next book as soon as possible, because waiting is overrated. I need to know, but I’m sure this will be fixed… or I really hope so. About other characters, I love Emma. She is just the perfect girl, who is so annoying that you wouldn’t love her any other way. Julian is the perfect man that every girl would dream of, because saying the same of Tristan would not be fair. I sort of hate Tristian after the end and how cold he was. Like, DUDE you love her and you didn’t even try to soft the news? Yup, that's how he rolled.

Whatever goes next, I’m into it. I want it and need it like a fish need water to survive. Thanks so much to Netgalley and the publisher to give me the chance of reading this book. I really appreciate. YOU, who is reading this, READ THE BOOK, ASAP! It’s totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!