Thursday, July 5, 2018

[Series Review] Not This, by: Annie Nicholas

NOT THIS

by: Annie Nicholas

    

NOT HIS DRAGON, NOT HIS WEREWOLF, NOT HIS VAMPIRE, 
NOT HIS CHRISTMAS & NOT HER GARGOYLE
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, New Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Total of Pages: 1,258

 

my overall rating


In the past few weeks, I have been trying to find a paranormal romance series for me to read, just because I fancy them nowadays. So in my search, I came upon these books. I thought, by the covers, they were going to be hilarious and, lo and behold, they were funny, sexy and romantic.

Is no secret that I would like to be one of these fantasy creatures in real life. You know, like a werewolf, a dragon or a gargoyle (not a vampire, thank you very much). I find it very interesting to read about these creatures from different authors. Everyone makes them how they like and that’s the beauty of it. The world of “Not This” was very interesting. Humans know about the shifters and are almost totally okay with it. If the real world was as good as that everything would be peaceful. New Port and Riverbend are the main cities in these books, even though fictional (or so I believe), they are pretty.

The first book, and the only novella, is about a dragon. The whole dragon in the whole New Port area, so basically he’s the boss. Everyone is afraid of him and is something that he appreciates. Finding a mate was not something he was looking for, but when he finds it, he doesn’t let her go. And that’s basically what the second book also has, but instead of a dragon, is a werewolf. The third and fourth books are a little different. Being a vampire was not anyone’s dream, but when it came to be, it got accepted. Also, the only human in the series got to become a gargoyle because of magic and love, so totally a worth it read.

The books were not perfect, sure, but they were good distractions when things are boring at home. Immersing myself in a fiction world is always better and with such creatures like these searching for mates, love, and justice, it is way better. If you want something funny and romantic, go ahead and read these, I recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!