Sunday, July 15, 2018

[Review] Dream So Dark, by: Quinn Loftis

Dream Maker #2

DREAM SO DARK

by: Quinn Loftis
Publication Date: November 7th, 2017
Read Date: July 15th, 2018
Genre: Fantasy, Mythology, New Adult
Format: eBook
Pages: 272

 

He was created to be a messenger and guider of dreams. He has traveled the earth for centuries upon centuries fulfilling his purpose. Until her. Serenity crept into his existence as seamlessly as the dreams he wove and just as effortlessly, she stole his heart. Their future is still unclear, but Dair knows he doesn't want to spend even another hour without her.

Meanwhile, Emma Whitmore, a brilliant young girl whose overcome so much at her tender young age was dropped in both their laps, but for what purpose neither is certain. Taken from the people she's grown to love and put in a home with a man who has no love to give, she fights to survive. She just has to hang on until she can be returned to the adoptive family who has already claimed her.

Three lives, unsure of what is to come, fighting the darkness that is closing in all around them. If they are to have any future together, then evil cannot prevail. But at what cost to them?

**Warning: Dream So Dark is book 2 in this series and darker than book 1. Child trafficking is mentioned though not graphic. No explicit explanations but themes of sexual violence and healing after are explored. Thank you for considering my book for your next read.**

my rate


I’m tired. I’m sorry, but I am tired of getting my hopes up and then BAM! my suffering is not done it will continue in the next book. I thought I was missing how this author writes, and I kind of did, but I am so annoyed of things never ending and a whole other problem coming and not giving my end.

All that has happened before, but it happened again in this book. I barely remember what happened in the first book, but after a few pages in this one, I caught up. When I keep reading pages and pages, and the problem was not resolving itself I knew it was not going to happen. My happy ending was not going to come up in this book, and that made me disappointed.

Quinn Loftis is a great, great author. I love how she makes these worlds out of thin air, how good these romances are built, how deep her characters are, BUT I disdain that I have to wait so much for a happy end. I don’t like that there isn’t an end. I gave up in one of her series because problems kept coming up and the true happy ending was not near. I would hate to not read more of this author because I love her words, mostly her kickass females, but I cannot torture myself like this.

Now, this book was precious (other than annoying that I already said it was). I felt how deep the character of Dair went for his mate, Serenity. I loved how strong the character of Emma Jean was. I’m not a person that can be called religious, but I understood a bunch of references from the Bible (because I have read a bunch of it), and I loved how she created everything out of there and then some. Again, I dislike how everything came out to be, but let’s see what will be next.

For the future, this is the plan. I will constantly be aware of what this author is coming out with, but I will not read any other book of her until I’m certain that the series is done. It is too much to be hyped for something that doesn’t have an end.

last review


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!