Thursday, July 5, 2018

#ReviewInFewWords [10]

Now, this is the type of post in where I type short reviews of books that I read a long time ago or books that I forgot to review once I was finished with them. I got a long list of books, so I will divide into different posts and post them once in a while. Anyways, I might not remember much of them, but how they made me feel will always stay within myself, right? I hope so because here goes nothing.
BOOKS I RECENTLY READ BUT SKIPPED THE REVIEW, SORRY

North Ridge #1

WILDCARD

by: Karina Halle
Publication Date: August 15th, 2017
Read Date: June 20th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Format: eBook
Pages: 273

 

my rating


I was looking for a good romance when I remembered that my dear KH had a trilogy that I haven’t read. You see, I have read other books of her that I loved, so I was sure I was going to get my fix if I pick one of her books. Damn, I was in for a ride, quite literally… because of cowboys.

I wasn’t aware that Canada had those, I need to move over there for sure. I, also, wasn’t much aware that this book was a second-chance romance, so after a few chapters in I was in for heartbreak. It always happens with me, I broke down because the reasons for the characters were too much and them while they are trying to fix everything piece by piece, they are also fixing me. I hate reading this type of romance, but this author wouldn’t let me down, so onward I went.

The whole story was beautifully written, and I was very happy about reading it. It also gives you the preliminary stories of the other two siblings of him, which are the next books in the series. You might be asking yourself why I didn’t go straight for those. Easy, I found out that this author wrote a whole paranormal romance series that I knew nothing about, I read one book to check it out that I couldn’t put them down. Till this day I haven’t picked up this series, but someday I will. The romance was good, so I have that.

Dirty Rich #1 & #2

DIRTY RICH ONE NIGHT STAND
DIRTY RICH CINDERELLA STORY

by: Lisa Renee Jones
Publication Dates: October 23rd, 2017 & May 22nd, 2018
Read Date: June 20th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Total of Pages: 617

 

my overall rating


Damn, I have something for attorneys, I swear. It might be the suits. Maybe. But I have to admit that this author writes them well. Plus, her main female characters are kickass, and the men are taking no prisoners kind of guys, they just take for them and forever.

Law is something that I like, but not something I would do for a living if you catch my drill. So whenever I’m reading it I feel the passion of it, so read it like it was something I do for a living, which reading is. All these characters are lawyers, and their banter is super duper hilarious, perfect and catching. I was also intrigued by the case of the first book because I really wanted to know who did the killing. You know, the PI in me wanted to know all the facts. But the co-worker affair of the second book was totally HOT.

Seriously, these two books were super good and I enjoyed every single page of them. I have to admit that the last chapters of the first book made me a little sad, but the epilogue was quite lovely. Now, I know there will be more books coming out in this series and I CANNOT WAIT. Just read these and you’ll be prepared for those, or don’t and you will be in for a good time.

DONNERS OF THE DEAD

by: Karina Halle
Publication Date: February 23rd, 2014
Read Date: June 25th, 2018
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Horror, Historical, Adult
Format: eBook
Pages: 287

 

my rating


If you read my review of “Experiment in Terror” series of this author, then you know that I loved how good she writes her paranormal romance books. So I had to read this book after that series. Not because they are related, because they are not, but because I couldn’t let go of her terrific words.

This book is settled way in the past. When women, in specific Indian (as in Native American) women, had no voice whatsoever in any topic. But this girl was different. The men needed her, so she became a voice they would have to hear and follow if they wanted whatever they wanted. The story was also a little confused because I knew it was a romance, but I couldn’t be sure who was the couple at the beginning. Obviously her, but who was the guy? Don’t tell me that if I read the blurb I would have known… most of the time I don’t read those. I go in blind because it is thrilling.

The thing is that the story took a turn of horror that I expected but was not looking forward to. I hate horror, but the writer is so good that I didn’t mind. Plus the romance was way better, so I had other things to focus on. What I most enjoyed was the epilogue, because there was nothing better than reading the happy ending of a horror book. The book was fairly short, so is something that had to be in your TBR pile or better yet, read it now.

EL DIABLO

by: M. Robinson
Publication Date: August 30th, 2016
Read Date: June 28th, 2018
Genre: Dark, Romance, Adult
Format: eBook
Pages: 469

 

my rating


First thing I have to say about this book is that the Spanish was so flawless that I have to give the kudos to the author for not screwing that part up. Authors often forget to actually revise their “other language” lines, so I was pretty happy that these translations were perfect.

Now, the story was good. I enjoyed the whole romance, but I was quite confused most of the time. I didn’t understand what was happening and my heart was breaking for him, Antonio. I’m afraid that till this day kids want to please their parents so much that they end up being just a shell of what the parents intended for them to be. Antonio suffered first hand what was to have a ruthless father that no matter how “good” in his standers he was, he was never going to become as good as himself. But then the son overthrew the father and he became the Devil. His heart only pumped blood and didn’t have much of love inside, until her. She did not had the best of the lives, so bumping into him… He made her life, literally. Together they wrote they own happy ending, even though the road was hard and bumpy.

I really loved the ending, because endings are way better than anything that is written in the beginning, hands down. But the beginning gives you the tools to wait for that awaited end. This book was good, and it will be kind of a series, but I don’t think I would be into those. I just wanted to read this one, so that’s my piece.

Masters of Shadowlands #1 & #2

CLUB SHADOWLANDS
DARK CITADEL

by: Cherise Sinclair
Publication Dates: January 14th, 2013 & April 7th, 2013
Read Dates: June 25th $ 26th, 2018
Genre: Erotica, BDSM, Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: eBook & Kindle Edition
Total of Pages: 371

 

my overall rating


One of my best friends kept saying that I had to start reading this series because it was one of her favorites. I never heard her, but then when I was scrolling through the books I haven’t read in my device, I found them and I was like “why not?”. That’s when I noticed that the books are as good as my friend said.

I read the first two because I plan to read one little by little. You know, to spread the perfection of it from time to time. I was a little disappointed that the books were too short and the end was too soon for me to be happy about it. I enjoyed the couple and some side characters, which I’m very sure that I will read about them soon. The scenes at the club were quite good and very hot. If you like erotica, I recommend very much. Plus, rich people and cops are totally a turn on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!