Friday, December 22, 2017

[Review] Darker, by: E.L. James

Fifty Shades as Told by Christian #2

DARKER

by: E.L. James
Publication Date: November 28th, 2017
Read Date: December 19th - 22nd, 2017
Genre: Erotica, Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 560

E L James revisits the world of Fifty Shades with a deeper and darker take on the love story that has enthralled millions of readers around the globe.

Their scorching, sensual affair ended in heartbreak and recrimination, but Christian Grey cannot get Anastasia Steele out of his mind, or his blood. Determined to win her back, he tries to suppress his darkest desires and his need for complete control, and to love Ana on her own terms.

But the horrors of his childhood still haunt him, and Ana’s scheming boss, Jack Hyde, clearly wants her for himself.  Can Christian’s confidant and therapist, Dr. Flynn, help him face down his demons? Or will the possessiveness of Elena, his seducer, and the deranged devotion of Leila, his former submissive, drag Christian down into the past?

And if Christian does win Ana back, can a man so dark and damaged ever hope to keep her?

my rate


As I said when the first book Christian's POV came out, I couldn't pass up the opportunity of reading more. But while I was reading, it dawn on me that I was really curious to have all this insight of him. Between Ana's POV and Christian's, his wins the game, hands down. But between Ana's book 2 and Christian's book 2, I like Ana's better. That should tell you something.

This book is divided by days, which is good to set me in a timeline that Ana's books don't actually have. This book has every scene in where they are together, but from Christian's POV, of course, but also it has more insights in his life when Ana is not around and what he thinks whenever Ana says or does something. The insight was delightfull, but the book was sooooo long. Almost 600 pages. It made me take so many breaks because it was so dense and I felt like I was not moving fast enough.

Christian's thoughts of himself, in the beginning of the book, were super annoying. He never thinks that he is a good person, even though he is a good person, and it drive me nuts to keep reading all his negativity. I love, love all the emails and sassy comments between these two. I love to see the other chracters interact with Christian in a way that I didn't see before.

If you liked the original books, I'm pretty sure you will like these books and if you don't, you can totally skip them all or just read these ones because they are kind of better. Call it curiosity, but I really really want to the third book in his perspective ASAP. I hope it comes out soon.

 

 last review


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!