Wednesday, May 10, 2017

[Review] The Retribution of Mara Dyer, by: Michelle Hodkin

Mara Dyer #3

THE RETRIBUTION OF MARA DYER

by: Michelle Hodkin
Release Date: November 4th, 2014
Read Date: May 9th, 2017
Format: Paperback
Pages: 470

Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.
There is.

She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.

Retribution has arrived.

MY RATE


I have to be happy for myself to wait up as much as I did for me to read these books. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have them all. The end of last book left me mind blown, so I need something better inside of me this time around. So, this end left me happy enough and the book itself was good enough to continue my happy life.

Mara isn't afraid anymore. Mara wants what she wants and she's taking no prisoners. She wants Noah. She wants to understand everything. She wants what can make everyone happy. She will do anything for that to happen. This book is exactly what the title says the RETRIBUTION of Mara.

I'm always a little sad and a little mad when my OTP is separated, but deep inside I know they will eventually be back together and better, so I was trying not to cringe anything someone said that, SPOILER!, Noah was dead. Which not surprising, he was not. We all knew it. I had faith in him and even more on Mara. Mara never lied to us, just told everything really weird that makes you doubt about her being crazy or not. My advice is to always believe her.

This time around we are thrown in Mara developing better friendship skills. Jamie and Stella are around almost the whole book, which made me happy. Jamie is an awesome character. Always has something really funny to say, which always cracked me up. Stella is kind of quite, but getting to know her, we understand why. I felt rather sad when she left abruptly, but I'm sure will see her again in the upcoming series. Yes, it's true, there will be more Mara or should I saw Noah? The Shaw Confessions are coming not soon enough, but coming. If you read these books, you should definitely read those two.

The end of this book was vague. Like things were missing. Things were left hanging and you get this feeling that there will be more (there will be). So be prepared for that, but also this book has kind of a HEA, so you'll be as happy as I am. I got to admit that the end of this book connected real good with the beginning of book one, so kudos for the author. Overall, I really liked. Recommend it.

 

MY LAST REVIEWS

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!