Saturday, May 6, 2017

Book Issues [11] - I'm Moving Away, But Not My Books

I created this to basically ramble about any problem related to books that I have and that maybe you do too. I'm trying to post one every two months and as for now, I'm doing good. Let's see at the end of the year how I did. Hope you like reading the following issue...

Book Issue #11 - I'm Moving Away, But Not My Books

I have conflicting feelings about my latest update in life and my books will be suffering any decisions I make, and for that, I'm sorry.

What a slut time is. She screws everybody.” ― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
Sadly, adulting is hard. Time passes and truthfully screws everybody in its way. Is no secret that I live in an island called Puerto Rico and is no secret that my country is facing a terrible, terrible situation and people are migrating to the States almost a plane a day. The situation is sad, but sometimes there's no other solution than looking for a better future in the States, My status is no different. I'm a step away to finish my BA, but there aren't any conditions for me to stay in the place that I love most, so I have to go.
It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.” ― John Green, Paper Towns
These days almost all my family is in the "mainland", as some people call it. So is a no brainer to follow their footsteps. Now, that I am moving I have to start packing things, selling others or simply leave them behind in my grandparents house. One of those many things may be my books, which makes me very, very sad.
Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
I'm totally at lost. I am the typical reader that has the bookshelves full of books that I haven't read or have read many times. Sadly, I have read more books on my iPad than from my bookshelves, so I have a long list of books I have to read from there. The problem is this one: I cannot take my books with me.

I am not in the best position, to put them all in my baggage and travel with me, OR to ship them all to my future home. I don't have neither the money, nor the space or even a clear vision of how my life will be in the States. I will probably move a lot, so even if I do ship them, I will have to always do that.

So, I'm taking one for the team and doing what I can. I'm selling them. Little by little, my babies are finding new good parents, I'm sure of that. Is sad to see them go, I admit, but there was nothing better for me to do. Plus, I kind of need the money, so is a win-win, right?
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ― Lao Tzu
Yeah, I'm moving away, but not my books. That was my issue, but one step at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!